My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Wireless connectivity

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyK

Hi, just joined the forum and looking to get my HDR 1000s next week. I am currently viewing freesat on my Sky+ box and looking to ditch this.

My question is :- Will the Sky wireless adapter i used to watch anytime+ work as a wireless connector to access iplayer on the Humax box, or will i need homeplugs ?

Can't have an ethernet cable as my property layout makes it very awkward.

Thanks in advance for any help.

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 14:34:45 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dancingbarber

Andy I have tried putting my Belkin dongle in the USB and doesn't seem to work.

Humax don't seem to provide any information about wireless connections which is strange , unless they have shares in 'homeplugs'.

The built in wifi on my Sony TV and the DVD player connected and played first time!

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 11:06:05 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome both of you to our Forum

1. No idea if sky wireless adaptor will work, no experience or knowledge of the chipset it uses.

2. I know the Humax wifi dongle works, as I have tested it. There are cheaper alternatives which work on the HDR T2.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 11:14:23 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

I've just switched from using a flaky Linksys wifi bridge to using an Edimax EW-7711UAn dongle, £11 from Amazon (the official Humax dongle is £30). I think you have to be careful with the wifi dongles as not all are compatible, but apparently several of the Edimax dongles work fine & I can confirm the EW-7711UAn works well for me.

| Tue 13 Nov 2012 13:27:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

HUGH42

Hi. So how exactly did you set it up? I am trying to use the 7711Uan with HDR1000s and assumed it would be simple plug n play. But it doesn't work. Any ideas gratefully received!

| Sat 13 Dec 2014 19:33:28 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.