My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Won’t play recordings after disk swap

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tormat

I have a hdr 1000 bought in 2014 which I fitted a 2tb disk last year. Just bought an hdr1100s and wanted to swap the existing 500go in that for my 2tb from the 1000, all goes ok and sees all my recordings on the 2tb disk (made in the 1000) but when I select a recording and try to play the screen just goes black even though I get the progress bar at the bottom of the screen when pressing ff/rew etc, just no content? Anyone know of a way around this please?

| Sun 3 Feb 2019 10:38:51 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

tormat - 25 minutes ago  » 
    I have a hdr 1000 bought in 2014 which I fitted a 2tb disk last year. Just bought an hdr1100s and wanted to swap the existing 500go in that for my 2tb from the 1000, all goes ok and sees all my recordings on the 2tb disk (made in the 1000) but when I select a recording and try to play the screen just goes black even though I get the progress bar at the bottom of the screen when pressing ff/rew etc, just no content? Anyone know of a way around this please?

Welcome to our forum

The recordings are encrypted with a key unique to the box that recorded the content. Only this box is capable of replaying those recordings.

A Foxsat-HDR can play back recordings it made if the hard drive is removed and connected to one of box usb ports using a drive cradle.

I don't know if this works on a G2 box.

| Sun 3 Feb 2019 11:07:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tormat

Wow, now that’s what I call a rapid response!! Many thanks for that, won’t waste any more time trying to remedy, I’ll just use up the recordings and then install the 2tb in the 1100s.

| Sun 3 Feb 2019 11:11:15 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.