My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Yet another problem with my 5000T

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

A short time ago I had quite a startling problem with the box. I had switched it on at about 1130 and tuned it to BBC News (231) ready to watch the weather and news from 1155.

We went for a walk and got back just after 12 so I went to the box and attempted to take it back to the start of the weather and pause. It kept coming up with the message about not being able to do that while the buffer was filling (I forget the exact words). The same thing happened when I tried to pause. This all when the box had been on and tuned for about 35 minutes.

I then thought I would check on the recorded programmes and they were all gone - no recordings at all. The schedule, however, was still there.

I managed to get it all back by switching off at the mains and back on again.

Very worrying!

| Sat 13 Oct 2018 12:01:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

How long have you had the box? I'm just wondering if it's a one off thing or if the box is new then something that might happen more often.

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 13:06:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

A few weeks back I noticed mine hadn't 'woken up' at 7AM from it's sleep timer, when I manually powered up I noticed all my recordings gone but schedules still there,(also the sleep timer was still correct) a re-boot brought them back too.

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 13:17:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Christina2018 - 39 minutes ago  » 
    How long have you had the box? I'm just wondering if it's a one off thing or if the box is new then something that might happen more often.

It is not that new, I got it about a year ago.
    Edit: Actually a little less - 7 Dec 2017

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 13:47:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

At least you're still in your 1 year guarantee with the shop you bought it from (and the 2 years with Humax).

I haven't had my box that long and it hasn't had the same fault as yours so I doubt I'll be any help but I hope you get the problem sorted out.

I have heard a lot about rebooting (which I believe is the technological term for turning it off and on again at the wall :-)) which seems to solve a lot of problems, and from my past experience of the 9300t I can say that did sort out a lot of the problems I had over the years.

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 14:45:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Christina2018 - 2 hours ago  » 
    At least you're still in your 1 year guarantee with the shop you bought it from (and the 2 years with Humax).
    I haven't had my box that long and it hasn't had the same fault as yours so I doubt I'll be any help but I hope you get the problem sorted out.
    I have heard a lot about rebooting (which I believe is the technological term for turning it off and on again at the wall :-)) which seems to solve a lot of problems, and from my past experience of the 9300t I can say that did sort out a lot of the problems I had over the years.

I don't have a problem at the moment and I hope it stays that way. A power off/on reboot sorted it - at least for now.

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 16:49:12 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A1944 - 1 hour ago  » 

Christina2018 - 2 hours ago  » 

My 5000T quite often shows no recordings just after a boot. Normally just leaving it alone for 2-3 minutes without using the remote restores the list with no further actions.

I don't have a problem at the moment and I hope it stays that way. A power off/on reboot sorted it - at least for now.

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 18:33:44 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

This seems to be an occasional quirk on several models, I have a HDR-1000S which, on rare occasions, has exhibited the same quirk.

My thoughts are as follows: The boot process seems to be multi-threaded, the aim being to display picture and sound ASAP. The quirk occurs more frequently if looking at recordings is done as soon as the picture is displayed. Perhaps the thread the enumerates the recordings takes longer or fails in some circumstances, in any case, a soft reboot always fixes.

| Mon 15 Oct 2018 8:42:25 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 38 minutes ago  » 
    This seems to be an occasional quirk on several models, I have a HDR-1000S which, on rare occasions, has exhibited the same quirk.
    My thoughts are as follows: The boot process seems to be multi-threaded, the aim being to display picture and sound ASAP. The quirk occurs more frequently if looking at recordings is done as soon as the picture is displayed. Perhaps the thread the enumerates the recordings takes longer or fails in some circumstances, in any case, a soft reboot always fixes.

On my 5000T it seems to depend on the number of recordings on the HDD. With a 2TB drive that can be quite a lot. Just booted my 5000T and found no recordings just after boot. 2 minutes later it reports 676 recordings

| Mon 15 Oct 2018 9:24:52 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jaeger

Ha, Just because I said it hadn't happened before.......

Today I checked for a programs I recorded yesterday evening, they(2) where there but no historical recordings, all gone, so I rebooted again and they all came back except for last nights, they're gone, they were one-off so they've not been put in a folder, can't see them anywhere!

| Mon 15 Oct 2018 15:32:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.