My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

YouTube channel problems

(24 posts)
  1. x6tus

x6tus

Hi all, has anyone had problems with YouTube recently? I use it several times a week now as its so convenient to access via the HUMAX but today after loading up and showing me the usual menus I selected a video and it wouldn't play. It just stays saying loading. I tried several others to find the same issue. The internet connection is fine as other devices are happily downloading stuff. Connection speed is 65Mbps down and 17Mbps up so I've no speed issues either.

I've tried rebooting the box but I haven't done a factory reset yet.

Anyone else had anything like this?

| Sat 13 Apr 2013 16:51:13 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

No I don't have this issue, but do have a different issue that's reared it's head over the last few days.
    I cannot stop a video or return to the YouTube menu using the back button as those buttons have become unresponsive.
    Buttons work fine elsewhere though. The only way I can choose different videos is with my iPhone or by exiting the app and loading back up again.
    I've tried a factory default, but the issue persists.
    Fixerman has said on DS he's got the same issue on his so does anyone else have the same problem?

| Sat 13 Apr 2013 20:41:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

carpcat

I've had the same issue with videos not playing. They play fine on the iPad, but when I output to the TV, the 'loading' screen is displayed and nothing else. Some videos play fine, so it's very hit and miss with no obvious pattern.

| Mon 15 Apr 2013 16:26:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

I have the very same issues. Upon loading it first time, e.g. After a night on Standby it will play the first video no problem. Anything after that however will not load. Sometimes just showing a grey banner to the right of the screen or just black, never loading. Back button is not working any more.

| Tue 16 Apr 2013 11:10:18 #4 |
  5. x6tus

x6tus

Hmm, as carpcat I've noticed that some videos will play and some won't, more often than not they won't play. They play fine on other devices.
    Agreed the back button doesn't work either, but you can still navigate around the menu system with the cursor pad.

| Tue 16 Apr 2013 11:11:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

I generally find the Youtube app stuff very buggy on most devices. PS3 is as bad as the Humax, Sometimes I can't view a single clip on my iPad. Hit and miss on my iPhone, but works perfectly through the actual website in a browser. On the PC it has never failed me once.

Its some kind of delivery issue at Youtube towers. On my friends 24Mb Cable connection it always working on everything all the time.

Some kind of timing out problem me thinks, on certain bandwidths on certain devices.

I don't think the issue lies with Humax, only in the sense they need to be quick to update when Youtube do, if youtube change something then Humax need to delivery it, so I hope Humax have invested in that area otherwise it's gonna get messy.

| Tue 16 Apr 2013 11:26:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Xeroid3

Humax are aware of the YouTube back button problem and state that there is "likely" to be an update for this in the future.
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/Channels-On-Demand/YouTube-button-issues/m-p/7250#M811

| Tue 16 Apr 2013 12:26:21 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

Xeroid3 - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Humax are aware of the YouTube back button problem and state that there is "likely" to be an update for this in the future.
    http://community.freesat.co.uk/t5/Channels-On-Demand/YouTube-button-issues/m-p/7250#M811

Thanks, Anything on the bad performance. Videos not loading etc?

| Tue 16 Apr 2013 12:48:58 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Xeroid3

I provided Humax with some examples of the YouTube clips that would not load on my 1000S. They found that they would play on theirs, and suggested a factory reset plus hard drive reformat. The reset didn’t fix the problem, but I will try the reformat after I have watched my current recordings.

I would be very interested to hear if a reformat fixes this problem for anyone else.

| Fri 19 Apr 2013 17:14:09 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nesbitt

Yes, I can confirm I have noticed this recently on my 1000S.
    I hadn't observed this following the launch of the YouTube channel (other than the occasionaly 'loading' in the middle of the screen, however it has started to manifest itself over the past week or so from my perception, and appears to have got noticeably worse over the past week or so. The videos just refuse to play, just a black screen.

| Mon 22 Apr 2013 13:32:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.