My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

YouTube channel problems

(24 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I'm not convinced this is a Humax software issue, but instead something YouTube/Google may be able to ressolve without any update to the box.
    As the back and stop buttons were unresponsive you could still goto the YouTube menu by selecting the home icon using the circular pad, but last night I found that the home icon has been replaced by Like/Dislike icons instead so unless your using a mobile device navigating is practically useless.
    If they're able to make changes to the UI easily from their end then I see no reason as to why this may not be the cause of recent navigation issues too, especially as all free time boxes experienced the same issues at exactly the same time.
    One thing I would love to know is , How do you inform YouTube/Google of these technical issues?

| Fri 26 Apr 2013 10:35:24 #11 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I've not been able to test myself yet, but apparently the non responsive remote issues have been fixed.
    Is anyone able to confirm if this is so?

| Fri 10 May 2013 10:27:53 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

I have just checked and Back button is working. Down button is working. And there is a big improvement on the Video playback.

| Fri 10 May 2013 12:50:35 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

johnyb

I've had a few different problems with you tube playback. Sometimes I get black screen, other times I get message playback error Adobe flash player required. Sometimes powering the box down solves the problem
    Anyone else had this? Just trying to determine if this is a common software issue or my box

| Sun 12 May 2013 16:00:49 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrCrispy

Hello,

We've just set up our 1010S today. For the most part it's absolutely great, but the Youtube channel has a somewhat irritating tic - specifically it keeps flashing the word "Loading..." across the screen whenever you watch anything. Picture quality's fine, it doesn't stop or stutter, and other on demand services work without problem. It's a pretty minor issue, but renders Youtube too irritating to watch via the box. Any ideas how to make the message disappear? Or do we have to wait for an update?..

Thanks!

| Sat 1 Jun 2013 20:47:18 #15 |
  6. x6tus

x6tus

Yes I can confirm that this has just started happening in the last week. The loading message used to popup occasionally but now it is constantly on the screen. Also a lot of videos are not playing anymore too.

Very frustrating! If I switch to my Playstation and use YouTube on their it all works perfectly, so it's hard to deduce what is causing the problem.

| Sun 2 Jun 2013 13:24:52 #16 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Yeah I've noticed 'loading' has been flashing much more frequent than it used to.
    I guess we've just got to wait for the next update, but I'm wondering if this is something YouTube/Google can fix at their end as they do seem to be able to change how it works remotely as they did recently with the function buttons.
    It would be nice if someone from the Freesat team could let us know whether or not YouTube/Google are aware of this issue or not and is there an impending fix or not.

| Sun 2 Jun 2013 20:09:07 #17 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Freesat have just confirmed that YouTube are investigating the 'Loading' issue.

| Tue 11 Jun 2013 11:29:32 #18 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

And now YouTube is not playing any videos at all now

| Tue 11 Jun 2013 20:37:34 #19 |
  10. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

There's now an on screen message when you open the app warning of disruption.

Attachments

1. image.jpg (107.5 KB, 0 downloads) 10 years old
    | Wed 12 Jun 2013 16:24:54 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.