My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

youtube not playing any video (again)

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

keebs

Hi, I have the older revision HDR FOX-T2 which can only officially run 1.02.32 firmware, for 2 weeks now roughly since Iplayer was upgraded, Youtube has stopped working. Any video, even in the 5 most popular category has a continuous loading symbol and never plays but also never says any error. Anyone else had this problem? Is it known to work on newer boxes / newer firmware?

| Sat 8 Mar 2014 11:40:50 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

What makes you think it can only run older firmware?

It can run any, up to and including the latest.

| Sat 8 Mar 2014 12:08:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

keebs - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Hi, I have the older revision HDR FOX-T2 which can only officially run 1.02.32 firmware,

There was an OTA update of 1.03.12 a couple of weeks ago that updated both old and new boxes so it is definitely official that all boxes can run 1.03.xx firmware.

| Sat 8 Mar 2014 12:12:28 #3 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

YouTube is currently working OK for me, on an old hardware box running 1.03.12 firmware.

| Sat 8 Mar 2014 16:37:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

keebs

I thought the old boxes could not run the 1.03.?? firmware as they have never been officially released for download on the Humax site. Good that Humax have released the software for OTA but I have missed it, is it released for download and if so where? I can't find any firmware updates now on humaxdigital.co.uk and the wiki.hummy.tv only officially goes up to 1.02.32 with 1.03.06 as 'unofficial' hence my post. Any help gratefully appreciated. PS the DTG website only appears to show this week & next, could not find any schedule further ahead.

| Sat 8 Mar 2014 17:26:57 #5 |
  6. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

The over the air repeats for 1.03.12 have been suspended and, as far as I am aware, there are no plans to release this firmware as an official download. I believe that OTAs will recommence in the future, but probably with a later version. I don't know the timescale for this. There is a non-customised version of 1.03.06 available, but you are correct that it is not an official release. However, it works fine and at any time you can revert to official 1.02.32 by doing a USB install. Unfortunately, the bug affecting recording of the new HD channels is not fixed until 1.03.12. Scrolling in the EPG in 1.03.xx versions is slower than in 1.02.xx versions, but it may not be an issue for you. 1.03.xx versions also have the new BBC iPlayer.

| Sat 8 Mar 2014 17:49:43 #6 |
  7. brian

brian

special member

keebs - 6 hours ago  » 
    Hi, I have the older revision HDR FOX-T2 which can only officially run 1.02.32 firmware, for 2 weeks now roughly since Iplayer was upgraded, Youtube has stopped working. Any video, even in the 5 most popular category has a continuous loading symbol and never plays but also never says any error. Anyone else had this problem? Is it known to work on newer boxes / newer firmware?

What version firmware is on your box? You mention iPlayer being upgraded, so it sounds like you are on a 1.03.xx version.

To check, press Menu > Settings > System > System Information

Software Version is on the second line.

| Sat 8 Mar 2014 18:11:15 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

keebs

Hi thanks for info, I am frustrated that Humax don't release it as a download, any rational reason why not? have I an option turned off on the box which means it did not alert me to the OTA being available? else how are you supposed to know? regarding Iplayer update, the interface changed 2 weeks ago even though I am using old firmware ie 1.2.32.

Cheers for help, sorry for all the moaning but as said this is frustrating.

| Sat 8 Mar 2014 18:55:52 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

keebs

Installed 1.03.06 unofficial release, Iplayer still fine (so internet OK) but Youtube still no good, lists all videos & related videos but will not play a single one.

I know this is a question for Humax (I have emailed them too) but why not make the update available to download especially since certain features no longer work with out it.

Guess I will have to wait for the next OTA & hope I notice it this time!

| Sat 8 Mar 2014 19:22:50 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

I don't see any logic in installing the unofficial 1.03.06

The official OTA and unofficial 1.03.12 (from the same place as the 1.03.06 with custom firmware) is what I have and YouTube as Brian mentioned earlier also works fine for me, I chose the first popular clip and it played back with no problems, it also fixes the newer bbcHD recording problems.

The 1.03.12 still suffers the extremely slooooow epg that came with 1.03.06 so I can't see any advantages only disadvantages in installing the older more broken 1.03.06

I'd advise anybody upgrading to 1.03.12 to save their schedule via custom firmware or take a note of the schedule and do a factory reset before posting any problems - I had a couple of glitches between the OTA upgrade and factory reset. It's impossible for me to say whether the factory reset fixed the glitches, but I've had no problems since.

I think it's good practice to power cycle the box after an upgrade or if a random problem appears, followed by a factory reset it that doesn't help before posting any issues to a forum. In fact before starting a new post/discussion there should be a tick box, have you rebooted, factory reset, which firmware version etc, wouldn't help the likes of my brother though who chooses not to know the difference between freesat/freeview and why can't the manufacturer make something that just works.

I agree though keebs, I don't think anybody understands the rationale behind the 1.03.12 not being released as an official standalone, I can't imagine it's too much rice wine following chinese new year, I can't imagine corruption which leaves incompetence and ego. Management will make a decision that defies logic and their ego stops them either seeing beyond that or making amends, unfortunatley the bods on the help-desk/call-centre suffer the fallout.

If you're happy putting the unofficial 1.03.06 then I can't see any problem putting the unofficial 1.03.12 on and factory resetting. This does work for me with youtube, if not let us know.

| Sat 8 Mar 2014 21:22:43 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.