My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

youtube not playing any video (again)

(15 posts)
  1. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I personally have 1.03.12 installed, but if you have missed the OTA and don't want to install custom firmware, 1.03.06 is the only option at the moment: non-custom versions of 1.03.11 and 1.03.12 are not available.

| Sun 9 Mar 2014 2:06:18 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

1.03.06 isn't official

The last/latest Humax official version to download is 1.02.32

keebs has already put the unofficial 1.03.06 on and youtube doesn't work, although I've a feeling youtube did work for me on 1.03.06; however youtube also keep on moving the goalposts and I'm not inclined to put 1.03.06 back on mine just to test as it mucks up bbcHD recordings, factory reset springs to mind.

For people who only want official Humax firmware, i.e. concerned about unofficial firmware within the 2yr warranty, the choices are very limited, if the OTA was missed then there's only the 1.02.32
    For people outside the CF community, some who aren't even half way through their warranty, I could imagine the situation is extremely frustrating.
    Quite why Humax haven't put 1.03.06 and 1.03.12 on their download site and let their customers decide for themselves which broken bits they can live with is simply beyond me

| Sun 9 Mar 2014 3:06:41 #12 |
  3. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Completely removing the custom firmware is not that difficult but takes a few steps: some people don't want it. The non-customised download of 1.03.06 was extracted from a box with factory loaded firmware. As far as I know, the only difference is that it does not contain the recompiled kernel from the official 1.03.06 version. On downgrading back to 1.02.32 the kernel would be overwritten anyway. The downgrade procedure is very simple. Personally, I'd just upgrade to custom 1.03.12, but each to their own.

| Sun 9 Mar 2014 4:01:50 #13 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just tested on 1.03.06 - all the top 5 most popular work.

Tried some music videos, and 'cannot support this video due to invalid file format' - but that is also the case with 1.03.12

| Sun 9 Mar 2014 9:51:30 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

keebs

Hi

Thanks for the effort gone to in trying 1.03.06 yourself. I have followed Damian's advice and performed a factory reset, after which Youtube mostly works which was where I was 2 weeks ago, by mostly I mean some videos still have a permanent revolving loading symbol and never start but all the 'popular' videos now play which is a massive improvement - thanks. I had tried power cycling the device with the old firmware & this firmware but had not thought to do a factory reset. I am not sure Youtube will ever be as reliable through the portal as on a mobile or PC which is a shame, I will however update to 1.03.12 at some point.

Thanks again for helping me get to this stage.

| Sun 9 Mar 2014 19:58:41 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.