My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

youview box - so many issues after just 1 month

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Thanks, I was going to ask if you'd tried the laptop via the Devlo homeplug and as you say 36.22Mbps strikes that out.

There's the DNS issue, manually give the DTR1000 a local address and give it the DNS lookup address that your BT router would use, which I believe are:
    Primary DNS: 62.6.40.178
    Secondary DNS: 62.6.40.162
    If that doesn't help then there maybe a MTU packet mis-match size and if that's the case you're looking at Humax's support tomorrow.

Just to even things up talktalk will be offering a similar service to BT's youview, but using Huawei equipment. I'm still waiting to see how things pan out and then there's the HDR 1000S as well, crumbs it like buses.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, hope Humax support shed some light on the situation

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 20:13:20 #11 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Keef1956 - 4 hours ago  » I can get BBC IPLayer; 4OD; 5OD; BT Vision (if you want to pay for it) and some sky thing.

As I pointed out originally this rather points the finger at ITV rather than anything else.

| Thu 20 Sep 2012 23:41:37 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Keef1956

well guess what, they didnt ring. I rang them and they promised to ring back before 5. Nada!

I'm going to check all cables and do a factory reset ove rthe weekend.

This is the prodcut that just keeps giving

| Fri 21 Sep 2012 17:17:05 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

damian - 21 hours ago  » 
    Thanks, I was going to ask if you'd tried the laptop via the Devlo homeplug and as you say 36.22Mbps strikes that out.
    There's the DNS issue, manually give the DTR1000 a local address and give it the DNS lookup address that your BT router would use, which I believe are:
    Primary DNS: 62.6.40.178
    Secondary DNS: 62.6.40.162
    If that doesn't help then there maybe a MTU packet mis-match size and if that's the case you're looking at Humax's support tomorrow.
    Just to even things up talktalk will be offering a similar service to BT's youview, but using Huawei equipment. I'm still waiting to see how things pan out and then there's the HDR 1000S as well, crumbs it like buses.
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow, hope Humax support shed some light on the situation

Just a comment on those name servers - it is considered bad practice to have both nameservers of the same network.

| Fri 21 Sep 2012 17:30:50 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Keef1956

Just a quick update to you guys.
    I renewed the coax between the wall socket and the box. I then did an over the web maintenance upgrade which got the PVR back to the out of the box condition. I went through the entire set up again,
    So now ALL on demand content is available - including ITV player and so far, I havent noticed any pixelating or freezes.

I'll give you further updates on this after the weekend - it will be interesting to see what happens when the box does its own update over air!

| Fri 21 Sep 2012 23:06:11 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.