My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Youview missing end of programme

(45 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BrianH

Just bought a new Youview box to replace a 9200 and am finding that the ends of some programmes are chopped off if it overruns.
    On the 9200 we could change the start and finish times to compensate for such overruns but cannot find a way of doing it on the new Youview box. There was another post in September titled "incomplete recordings" but not sure which Humax product this related to but assume it was not the Youview as I cannot find the settings options mentioned in the replies.
    The main channels seem OK (where I assume they send the relevant start / stop control signals with the programme) but 5USA (Ch 31) and ITV3 (Ch10) seem not to and the box has to rely on the EPG times.

| Thu 13 Dec 2012 9:04:09 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

No such settings on the Youview unit unfortunately.

| Thu 13 Dec 2012 9:18:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BrianH

Is it likely to be added in the near future ??

| Thu 13 Dec 2012 9:39:00 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

From a post on their blinking awful support forum re manually adding to start and end times of timers.

We are looking into adding this feature in the future. It will take significant work, so don't expect it immediately, but it's an option we're considering.

| Thu 13 Dec 2012 9:45:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BrianH

Thanks. It seems such a backward step to omit this facility as it was built into older models so should not be a big problem to fix.
    I'd prefer the ability to manually tweak individual programme times rather than have some sort of pre-set (or settable) "global" padding timer as this can also cause problems if recording consecutive programmes.

| Thu 13 Dec 2012 10:26:49 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Indeed. I sometimes want to set hammock timers for a live sports event on BBC1, BBC2, BBC3 and 301 as you can never be sure if it overruns what perverse decision the schedulers may make in moving coverage.

| Thu 13 Dec 2012 12:37:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

docrobgar

My previously faultless Humax FreeSat receiver has just started missing the end of some recordings? I have a wi-fi internet connection to it, so it leaves me worrying whether someone in competition with Humax is messing around with receivers time controls via the web? or is there some fault or failing with the machine or broadcaster of programs? Does anyone know something about this subject because I have had worrying letters from Sky after trying to cancel my Sky subscription and being left with a long wait on the phone which I was paying for. In the end I just cancelled my Direct debit and waited for them to contact me.
    Any pointers in this regard would be gratefully appreciated.

| Tue 6 Oct 2015 18:55:44 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would not worry that much, any Wifi connection would be normally limited to LAN only. Your action re Sky cannot be faulted. The missing end of recordings is normally due to a broadcaster signalling issue.

| Tue 6 Oct 2015 19:09:41 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

RDG

This really is not good enough. You are passing the blame all the time. I have a one year old DTR-T1010 and mainly record from ITV-3 and Drama but have almost given up as we nearly always lose the last two to three minutes and this week lost nearly four minutes of ITV-1 Downtown Abbey
    This tells me the equipment is not fit for purpose and should either be replaced free of charge with a model that can, as previously, allow for fluctuations in running time.
    A software update should be an urgent matter not one that possibly may happen?

| Wed 7 Oct 2015 16:57:35 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

This is not an official Humax forum.

With respect to your first sentence....

If broadcasters to not adhere to schedules then you are always going to suffer the same with YouView box which lacks many of the features usually associated with a decent PVR.

Suggest you direct your comments to the official YouView forum..

https://community.youview.com/youview

Don't hold out any hope that they will address the issue though.

| Wed 7 Oct 2015 17:07:03 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.