My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Youview missing end of programme

(45 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

gomezz - 16 minutes ago  » 
    As a trial user of the Youview box my experience is that of all the many issues we reported only a small handful have ever been acted upon especially if you discount the bug fixes.

To true, and even before the 'big' trial started they were made aware of many of the shortcomings, as I have said many times.

Off topic - Have a read of our FVP 4000T FAQ for answers to question asked elsewhere.

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 14:28:13 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

JamesB - 27 minutes ago  » 

gomezz - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Retail customer satisfaction/dissatisfaction is not of much weight, the way things have been set up.

When I bought a BY Youview+ and a Talktalk Youview+ in April it took me ages to work out how to complain about the Humax auto-tuning which was causing recordings to be missed on the BT Youview box. It has now been recognised by Youview as an issue (but probably from other complaints not mine).

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 14:59:49 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

When I had a YouView box I formed a theory that complaints in the BTCare forum (BT customers only) got the most attention, after that came complaints from retail users direct to YouView, and a long way after that came complaints posted in the YouView forum. The latter two only if it was something BT was prepared to consider. The problems stemming from the lack of manual tuning used to come into the "Who cares?" category, so that sounds like progress if they are undertaking to address it. Are they promising manual tuning?

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 15:24:49 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

No they were stating that they where now aware that Humax Youview machines and only Humax Youview machines, only take note of the owner's preferred transmitter for the PSB multiplexes and that this causes issues further down the line. They did not promise anything or say what they were going to do about it.
    Unfortunately I can't now find that announcement to see if they have added any other comments.

Any ideas/tips on how to raise complaints with Youview? I have two bugs to report - one for Humax and one for Huawei. They each have a different Audio Description bug, the worse of the two being Huawei.

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 17:56:25 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

http://support.youview.com

"Contact us" button at the bottom of the page lets you raise a ticket.

| Sun 11 Oct 2015 18:20:56 #45 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.