My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Youview missing end of programme

(45 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RDG

My apologies, it looks like an official Human forum!

I have contacted the broadcasters and they say they are not at fault as all PVR's should have some form of built in timing tolerance to allow for slight over runs etc...

What you are telling me therefore is that the Humax PVR's are a complete waste of money...

Thank you for the link though

| Wed 7 Oct 2015 19:07:33 #11 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Which broadcaster told you that? Never heard such bull! While the Youview box is far from perfect the broadcasters have had years to make the transmission of Accurate Recording signals reliable and cope as it is supposed to with late starts and overruns.

| Wed 7 Oct 2015 19:39:07 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. Agree with gomezz

2. YouView are responsible for the software in their kit not Humax, indeed other Humax freeview, freesat units include the usual function's one would expect of a PVR.

| Wed 7 Oct 2015 21:08:22 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RDG

Gomez, Thanks for your reply.

I received an E-mail direct from UKTV which covers Drama which states:-

In regards to your enquiry Like most channels, we don't send flags to denote exactly when a programme starts and finishes as this would go off the timings on your equipment. We would advise you to use padding to guarantee full recording and a lot of recorders will have this automatically built in or an option to do so.

Each day is timed separately as each individual programme is not exactly the same length, so the billed times we supply are to the closest 5 minutes - the time the programme starts and ends is never exactly the time stated in any programme guide and Ofcom allow every broadcaster to start a programme 2 minutes either side of the stated time. So, for example the programme afterwards is seen on the EPG to start at 1500pm, when in reality its starts at 1502 and the preceding programme finishes at 1500.

The tolerance of the your recording box needs to be adjusted to allow for an extra 2 minutes going forward and you should never miss another second.
    Sometimes the case if a recorder is used to record multiple programmes at once, and doesn't use padding, that shows can be cut off from time to time. Although this can be quite common it is not a fault at our side of transmission.

| Thu 8 Oct 2015 10:37:11 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RDG

Barry in reply to your message, which Humax PVRs have the padding facility built in. I would like to get this sorted as its really beyond a joke now and quite prepared to purchase a new machine if I can record all a program!

| Thu 8 Oct 2015 10:40:15 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Anything that is not intended for Youview...

Freeview - HDR 1800T, HDR 2000T, or the brand new FVP 4000T

Freesat - HDR 1100S

Any questions ask away, I've got to disappear in a bit for a few hours, but I'm sure other members will be happy to contribute/give opinions.

| Thu 8 Oct 2015 11:16:55 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

RDG

Barry, many thanks for that - much appreciate your help!

| Thu 8 Oct 2015 11:21:15 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

RDG - 2 hours ago  » 
    Gomez, Thanks for your reply.
    I received an E-mail direct from UKTV which covers Drama which states:-
    In regards to your enquiry Like most channels, we don't send flags to denote exactly when a programme starts and finishes as this would go off the timings on your equipment.

I find that answer weird.
    Isn't Really a UKTV channel and that uses the EIT p/f table to 'send' the 'flag' as well as what the EIT p/f was originally designed for?

| Thu 8 Oct 2015 13:22:45 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

The more it changes, the more it remains the same.

From four years ago:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=55123868&postcount=374

| Thu 8 Oct 2015 14:43:05 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

RDG

Thank you all for your comments. Decided there was no way we could continue with the Human Youview and purchased the new Human FVP-4000T which as Barry said has changeable padding for both start and finish. Seems to work nicely although the automatic channel programming couldn't find out local BBC1 HD channels. I had to look up the Transmitter site to find which channel they were on and manually search for them. The reason the FVP-4000T couldn't find them was because they are on DVB-2 and not DVB-1 and it would appear the FVP-4000T is programmed to search there! Not an easy one for a non technical person to resolve!
    Anyone want a relatively new Human DTR-T1010?..........

| Sat 10 Oct 2015 10:35:53 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.