My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Annoying Box

(18 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gowman - 15 minutes ago  » 
    That's all fine & unless Humax stays on I can't get the signal to the second tv

Do you mean you have a modulator or some other way to send the video/audio to another TV ? If so that's one of the screw ups that was made when the cec control spec was created. The other common one is listening to the radio using a AV amp, you turn on the TV so you can select the radio channel you want to listen to and then turn it off - result no radio

Given the known issues with cec it's hard to imagine there is no way to disable it on your TV (did you ask LG ?)

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 19:42:02 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gowman

Yup, having had several comms. with Humax & LG, I've found LG offered truly superb customer support though sadly, apart from the adaptor that you suggested (& works fine)there is no way to turn off Simplink.

Yes, as per my other post (r/e Freeview/Freesat), I've a Triax Tri Link which is terrific & connecting/disconnectingit makes absolutely no difference to CEC functionality.

Personally, having had no such ptoblems before I think it's a specific Humax CEC handshake issue.

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 20:06:10 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

I have an HDR1000S and I can watch the box in the kitchen and the bedroom, won't go into how. I found that if I switch my Sony KDL 32 4000 TV off with the remote, the box goes off as well but if I use the power button on top of the TV, the box stays on.
    I also have Philips Remote Control Extenders and an extra remote, bought from Amazon for £20, which I leave upstairs in the bedroom.
    I originally put this system in, in year 2000 to be able to watch my VHS video Recorder around the house but it is still serving me well with the Humax Box. The Humax Box in the lounge connects to the Sony 32inch TV via HDMI but I also connect the scart to my VHS video recorder. Using an extra coax cable from the lounge to the loft, where the aerial amp is, I transmit an analogue channel, from the VHS Recorder, alongside the normal signals, if I want to watch in the kitchen or the bedroom, I just have to switch the TV to analogue and on a 26 inch in the kitchen and a 20 inch in the bedroom, it doesn't degrade the picture much.The Freeview on the TVs works normally with this system. It is really useful.My old Humax 9300T didn't switch off with the Sony TV but this HDR1000S does if I use the TV remote to switch off. try turning the power switch on your TV instead of the remote.

| Sat 7 Mar 2015 1:51:55 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gowman

Thx Ozzy, all good stuff. I had tried the tv off vao unit rather than remote but just the same. The HDMI adaptor is the answer for me

| Sat 7 Mar 2015 7:57:04 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gowman - 14 hours ago  » 
    Yup, having had several comms. with Humax & LG, I've found LG offered truly superb customer support though sadly, apart from the adaptor that you suggested (& works fine)there is no way to turn off Simplink.
    Yes, as per my other post (r/e Freeview/Freesat), I've a Triax Tri Link which is terrific & connecting/disconnectingit makes absolutely no difference to CEC functionality.
    Personally, having had no such ptoblems before I think it's a specific Humax CEC handshake issue.

My daughter has a Panasonic TV and a Onkyo AV receiver. With CEC enabled on the TV, turning off the TV turns off the amplifier. This means that you cant listen to the radio or play CD's.

Have you in fact got any other kit that has CEC control built in.

The Humax box works like any other cec peripheral.

| Sat 7 Mar 2015 10:43:21 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gowman

no

| Sat 7 Mar 2015 17:53:21 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ozzy

Simple solution, when you turn off the main TV with the HDMI connection, it turns off your box, if you turn your box on again, it turns the TV on.
    Why not, when you turn your TV off and it switches your box off, whist your TV is in standby, turn the switch off at the plug socket, then turn the box back on. Watch it around the house as you like. Then, if you go to use the main TV again, just flick it on at the wall first, you would already be in the same room as the TV and the box. With the TV switched off at the mains, it can't come on and interfere with the box until you want it to. Too many TVs, these days, do not have proper on/off switches, it makes me hope that my existing TVs go on forever, they can all be switched off properly.

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 13:05:44 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gowman

I'm ttally happy now with the HDMI lead no pin 13 adaptor

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 13:19:08 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.