My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Box keeps locking up today

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

Hi guys,

My box has locked up 4 times so far today. Basically it still displays the current channel but I cannot do anything else apart from alter the volume without rebooting the box. It has locked occasionally in the past but today it's being really pants.

Has anyone else had this start happening?

| Wed 20 Feb 2013 18:36:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

This box was pretty good when I first got it but since some software updates it's become more and more unstable. I use to own a rubbish Thomson freeview box and vowed never to buy another one of those. This box is now getting just as bad and I really regret buying it now

Come on Humax... You are normally known for good quality and reliable boxes. Get your act together and sort this dog out

| Wed 20 Feb 2013 18:44:26 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

How is it today, what is signal on 407?

| Wed 20 Feb 2013 22:53:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Roger.Packer

I have had the same problem for a few days. I've been on to Humax's customer help line a couple of times. Factory reset did not work, nor disconnecting from the internet.

They then suggested doing a hard drive clean-up and a hard drive reformat. I've done both these latter two suggestions and all now seems to be OK. Of course I've lost all my recordings.

Let's see how things go, so watch this space for more news.

| Thu 21 Feb 2013 13:26:32 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Either of you try the 2580 code as per our FAQ

| Thu 21 Feb 2013 14:51:15 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try also the Standby key on remote and unit. Also do you get a response to the mute key?

| Thu 21 Feb 2013 15:00:50 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

The only button that would work on the remote was the volume control and the buttons on the unit itself were also un-responsive.

My HDD was 50% full and I did some housekeeping before I saw your post about trying the code. The HDD clean up sorted the issue but this leads me to think that it's an HDD fault. I will try the code next time this happens.

I strongly believe that a lot of these units have been shipped with faulty HDDs. Humax always seem to suggest formatting the HDD which of course solves the issue for a lot of people but does the problem then re-oocur once they get back up to 50% becuase if it does then is this Humax just hiding the fault???

| Mon 25 Feb 2013 14:24:54 #7 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

My box has just frozen resulting in disconnect from mains.
    Was watching BBC SE news on 101 when picture just froze with the sound still working, but no response from any buttons at all including the volume & power on front of box.
    I'm wondering if this is the return of or something similar to the MHEG issues we used to get on the 9200T?

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 19:46:45 #8 |
  9. Admin

Admin

administrator

Some off topic posts moved to new thread:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/unit-locking-up#post-16594

| Thu 28 Feb 2013 10:05:55 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rastley

Hi all,
    Have exactly the same problem as described above. After 3 months of working without problems the box started locking up and neither the 2580 code nor unplugging seems to help.

I wiped the HDD and this seemed to work (it was only about 30% full) but after a week it is now starting to show problems again (HDD at only 14%).

Very disappointed. Anyone found any permanent solution or can anyone confirm it is a HDD problem?

For info I tried disconnecting the LAN cable and numerous resets and HDD clean up but with no success.

Thanks,
    Gavin

| Sat 2 Mar 2013 16:38:34 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.