My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Box keeps locking up today

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

satinred

Hi

I have been having the same problems for the past week - having to turn the box off to change channel. For three months I have had no problems at all - its as if there has been a software upgrade but my settings say that the last upgrade was december

| Sat 2 Mar 2013 23:27:04 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cotterpinkid

Hello All,

I've spefically joined the forum due to this issue. Our Freesat+freetime box was purchased over Christmas and generally has been working fine (with he odd glitch), but during the last week it has started to lock up when viewing the EPG. Sometimes there's a 'lag' and the EPG catches up, but on other occasions the box becomes totally unresponsive requiring the mains to be unplugged. Sometimes the picture also freezes and I get some sort of 'buffer' message. Are Humax aware of this problem as it appears there's a few of us experiencing it - what should I do - return the box?

Thanks

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 17:48:45 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. First thing to try is a reset to factory defaults.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 18:05:15 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cotterpinkid

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 

Thanks for the advice. I carried out a reset to default settings, but the problem persists.

| Sun 10 Mar 2013 19:57:02 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

cotterpinkid - 2 hours ago  » 

Thanks for the advice. I carried out a reset to default settings, but the problem persists.

What software verios are you on - it should be 1.00.37>

| Sun 10 Mar 2013 22:47:27 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cotterpinkid

REPASSAC - 23 hours ago  » 

cotterpinkid - 2 hours ago  » 

What software verios are you on - it should be 1.00.37>

Yes, can confirm Version 1.00.37

Can also confirm the EPG is still suffering from pauses / delay / lag.

Thanks

| Mon 11 Mar 2013 22:07:15 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

souporjuice

The EPG is still slow in this update, but not to the extent you're describing (i.e. freezing up and requiring a reboot), not for me, anyway. I guess the things to try are, after factory default reset, try reformatting the HD - the nuclear option unfortunately as you'll lose all recordings. Or, try contacting Humax support, but do it via phone. I found them very helpful when I hit a problem & they quickly replaced the unit, which again is the nuclear option as you'll lose recordings.

| Mon 11 Mar 2013 23:50:25 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cotterpinkid

souporjuice - 20 hours ago  » 
    The EPG is still slow in this update, but not to the extent you're describing (i.e. freezing up and requiring a reboot), not for me, anyway. I guess the things to try are, after factory default reset, try reformatting the HD - the nuclear option unfortunately as you'll lose all recordings. Or, try contacting Humax support, but do it via phone. I found them very helpful when I hit a problem & they quickly replaced the unit, which again is the nuclear option as you'll lose recordings.

I'll try a further reset before reformatting the HD (not over happy about having to do that) and see how I get on and report back later. Thanks to all so far.

| Tue 12 Mar 2013 20:30:27 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.