My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Wifi Dongle greyed out

(95 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Yes there is a new dongle Martin, items shipping with this are supposed to have software that supports it, hence my question to Dan re version.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 13:19:47 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan J

Hi Guys
    sorry for my late reply as i've been trying to sort my box out.
    The latest is I have returned my box to the shop I got it from and they couldn't get it to work either.In the end I exchanged it for a panasonic pvr with built in wifi.I have only just got back so I haven't unpacked it yet but wanted to update you all.
    Last night I emailed Humax for the 3rd time about the problems with the dongle, and have just had a reply. They tell me now that they have known all along that there was a problem with the new 300mb dongles and that there should be a update, in the next 3-4 weeks!!
    To say I'm mad is not a over statement. The time i've spent trying to fix this problem and trying to find answers with the help of you kind people really angers me and I can't believe that they are selling something they know doesn't work.

So i'm really sorry to have wasted your time but really do apprecaite your help to try and fix my problem.

Cheers
    Dan

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 17:31:52 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dan J - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Last night I emailed Humax for the 3rd time about the problems with the dongle, and have just had a reply. They tell me now that they have known all along that there was a problem with the new 300mb dongles and that there should be a update, in the next 3-4 weeks!!

If you had responded to the message from Barry you might have found that he could provide the necessary software. Best of luck with the Panasonic; reports suggest they are reasonable boxes. Interested to hear if you can compare and contrast it with the HDR-2000T.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 17:36:40 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan J

Luke - 8 hours ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 8 hours ago  » 

my first box boots up in about 5 seconds and the new one takes about 40 seconds.

Those timings sound odd. Have you actually timed them accurately starting up when they are not recording (and not scheduled to record in the next 15 minutes). Our box takes about 25 seconds from cold.

Presumably the older box has the latest software with power saving off.
    My HDR-2000T start up time is either 3 1/2 seconds or 29 seconds (without internet connection) depending on whether power saving in stand-by is on or off. When it was on old software the startup time was also 29 seconds.

Hi Luke,
    Yes my now only Humax box has the latest software and has the 160mb dongle attachehed and has the power save turned off and this allows the machine to boot up in about 5 seconds. I don't know if it would boot up longer if it was recoreding, but if I turn the power save on it takes about 30 -40 seconds to boot up.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 17:38:06 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan J

Martin Liddle - 3 minutes ago  » 

Dan J - 2 minutes ago  » 

If you had responded to the message from Barry you might have found that he could provide the necessary software. Best of luck with the Panasonic; reports suggest they are reasonable boxes. Interested to hear if you can compare and contrast it with the HDR-2000T.

This was the quickest I could responed to the messages.
    Barry Thank you for the offer of your support.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 17:41:25 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It is a pity you returned it Dan, as Martin has correctly pointed out I could have probably sorted this for you.

Edit: To add, Humax are not selling a product that does not work, all units shipping with the new dongle are supposed to have the necessary software on board.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 17:50:01 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dan J

Barry - 25 minutes ago  » 
    It is a pity you returned it Dan, as Martin has correctly pointed out I could have probably sorted this for you.
    Edit: To add, Humax are not selling a product that does not work, all units shipping with the new dongle are supposed to have the necessary software on board.

I'm sorry Barry, I disagree with you. They are selling a machine that doesn't work, why would it take 3 emails from me for them finally to admit that they know it doesn't work and are doing a update to fix this in 3 4 weeks. What about the 2 replacement machines I had which still didnt work and what about all the shops which have now got stock they can't sell untill they are updated.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 18:24:24 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dan J - 28 minutes ago  » 
    what about all the shops which have now got stock they can't sell untill they are updated.

Clearly neither you nor I know whether these machines have the correct software but Barry believes (based on his dealings with Humax) that they should. It sounds as though the most likely explanation is that the retailer you used wasn't being careful to keep track of whether boxes had the correct software when they were selling a 300Mb/s dongle.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 18:56:27 #18 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

We will have to agree to disagree I'm afraid Dan.

Units with the new dongle should have appropriate software on board, we cannot prove or disprove this now as you have returned unit.

As far as I am concerned end of matter, no point in discussing further.

| Wed 25 Feb 2015 19:00:56 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

neetlawrence

Hello,
    We seem to have the same problem. We bought a HDR 2000T today and wanted to use the dongle but the wifi option was not letting us select it. Have emailed Humax, don't really want to take the box back just because of the dongle. We also tried wired connection with a homeplug box and it said network connected but then wouldnt let us access the tv portal saying the internet connection was not working (it was).
    Would be grateful for any advice/assistance.

| Sat 28 Feb 2015 23:10:36 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.