My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Wifi Dongle greyed out

(95 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humaxoid

They told me that they couldn't inform their retailers because there are so many of them!!

What I don't understand is that the software version that was installed in the box I bought yesterday was, I think, May 2014, which meant that the WiFi dongle they included in the package didn't work with that version or 1.01.06. The Humax chap said they only discovered this issue about 3 weeks ago. I find it hard to believe it took soooo many months for it to come to their attention. Sounds like a bit of BS to me.

The other thing I found during set up was that if you attach an Ethernet cable, the HDR wont recognise it (and/or connect to the internet) until the device has been switched off and back on again.

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 2:50:18 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ollie

I too have just got an HDR-2000T with the new Wifi dongle which has the 2013 software version on it and so the option is greyed. Can someone please PM me the link to the updated software version for me to install. Thanks in advance.

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 12:22:26 #52 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Check your PM's

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 12:43:45 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humaxoid

Ollie, you could try this

Admin Edit:

Link removed from this and other thread.

He already has the link. If you read the thread you will note Barry has been providing link to those that need it via PM since Monday - as requested by Humax Towers.

The software is only needed if owners have the 300 dongle it is of no importance to other owners.

| Fri 6 Mar 2015 21:53:17 #54 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rotorman

MontysEvilTwin - 2 days ago  » 
    @Rotorman. An Amazon seller has the Tenda W311u+ wifi dongle at the moment for £7.99. I ordered another one last week. It uses the Ralink RT3070 chip set so will work on the HDR-2000T. It is working well on one of my HDR-FOX T2 units: I can stream high def. recordings from one HDR-FOX to another (both connected wirelessly) without stutters. It has an antenna which is good if your router is not close to your PVR.

Ordered Wednesday 4 March, received today Saturday 7th and plugged in straight away. Router detected, password set and within seconds I had the Humax Portal up and running.

Once again many thanks for an excellent recommendation at £7.99 p&p free. This what this forum is all about.

EDIT - Forgot to add that I removed the HDD from my old PVR9300T, plugged in to a spare connection (power & signal) on my Desktop and using Humaxrw for the first time transferred successfully some "Proms" concerts. Then using the ts files I have loaded them into my Nero software ready for burning onto a DVD and safe keeping.

| Sat 7 Mar 2015 14:14:51 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

PAG

Hi,
    I have the greyed out wifi problem. Could someone please pm me the link to the ftp site with software update?

Regards

Paul

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 9:11:46 #56 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum Paul

Check your PM's

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 9:41:22 #57 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humaxoid

PAG, I did post a link on here but it was deemed to be not very useful and/or classified information. I think they didn't expected anyone else to have the problem.

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 10:59:20 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Xpresssit

I too have 1.01.06 and the wifi dongle. But wifi is greyed out. Is there any chance of a link for software upgrade.

Thanks.

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 11:54:12 #59 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Humaxoid - 1 hour ago  » 
    PAG, I did post a link on here but it was deemed to be not very useful and/or classified information. I think they didn't expected anyone else to have the problem.

As has been explained in the admin edit of your previous post, this is at the request of Humax. You do not have permission to share the info, end of.

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 12:05:42 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.