My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

EPG catch-up only showing yesterday not earlier?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

Hi guys,

Sometimes like today when I try to view the earlier today content from the EPG it only shows yesterday but not the earlier today stuff. When this happens it generally happens on all channels that have catch-up and I can only assume it some sort of bug. I could understand if this happened after midnight but this is happening now and it's before 12.

Do any of you get this issue?

| Sat 16 Aug 2014 23:04:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

woka77

yeah i get it all the time if i want to watch anything thats been on i just go into the demand section select what ever channel i need to watch my on demand program.

i think if you turn it off at the mains for 20 sec then turn back on then sometime the roll back works

| Sun 17 Aug 2014 20:18:04 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The broadcaster has to recode the programme output to a format suitable for delivery over the internet and upload it to it's catch up server. How quickly the content appears in the backwards epg is down to the broadcaster and Freesat. The box has no influence it's down to the broadcaster and Freesat to make the content available via the catch up epg. If rebooting the box helps it's purely down to the the refresh period used to update the catch up epg. Waiting a short time would produce the same result.

It will never be as quick as using the +1 channels to view content just broadcasted.

| Sun 17 Aug 2014 20:36:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

It isn't just the odd programme that is missing, it is actually the full day and when this happens it affects all channels that have catch-up so I don't think it's the broadcaster as it would be strange for all broadcasters to do this simultaniously but it could either be Freesat or it could be a bug in the box itself

| Mon 18 Aug 2014 15:39:00 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Is Showcase fully populated?

| Mon 18 Aug 2014 15:43:49 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Mandlebrot - 21 minutes ago  » 
    It isn't just the odd programme that is missing, it is actually the full day and when this happens it affects all channels that have catch-up so I don't think it's the broadcaster as it would be strange for all broadcasters to do this simultaniously but it could either be Freesat or it could be a bug in the box itself

Earlier today BBC1 HD at 16:00 today

00:50 Watch Now, 11:45, 11:00, 10:00, 09:15 Available soon.

ITV 1
    16:00 Available Soon, 10:30, 09:25, 08:30 and 06:00 Watch Now

| Mon 18 Aug 2014 16:02:20 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mandlebrot

Yes when this happens, showcase is populated and a box reboot does not fix it. However at the moment it is behaving with everything populated as per normal.

| Tue 19 Aug 2014 16:05:12 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.