My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Failed Recording On New BBC HD Channels

(77 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

moo

If it's suddenly fixed itself for some people then I wonder if it's a regional thing? BBC3 HD is still completely unrecordable if I schedule a recording in advance. However if I just press the red record button then it works OK. Seems weird that you say it started working on the 6th whereas I've tried several programmes tonight and they all fail with the same 0 minute recording issue. Can only imagine it could be a regional MUX encoding issue or something. Not sure how the transmission chain actually works between redbee and the transmitter sites.

| Tue 14 Jan 2014 0:04:48 #61 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

Reports of failures (HDR-Fox T2) have come in from a wide area, but the channels vary. I'm on Sutton Coldfield, and BBC Three HD and Four HD seem to be fine, but I have heard of problems on CBBC HD and CBeebies HD.

| Tue 14 Jan 2014 1:51:35 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JefUK

Humax acknowledge that they have a problem. I have just received this reply:-

Dear ****,

Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with recording BBC 4 HD. We are aware of an issue recording both BBC 4 and 3 HD.

It is something that we are currently looking into and hope to have resolved shortly.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Humax Customer Support

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 15:33:04 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Presumably recording can fail on the HD Fox T2 with an external hard disc in the same way. Anyone experienced this?

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 15:44:43 #64 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Owen Smith - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Presumably recording can fail on the HD Fox T2 with an external hard disc in the same way. Anyone experienced this?

Yes but for some weird reason my BBC3-HD test recordings are currently working on both a HDR FOX T2 and a HD FOX T2.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 16:08:48 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 minute ago  » 
    Yes but for some weird reason my BBC3-HD test recordings are currently working on both a HDR FOX T2 and a HD FOX T2.

I've not had a single BBC3/4 HD recording fail, across three HDR Fox T2s spread across Emley Moor (2 boxes) and Sandy Heath (1 box). Extreme randomness of failures seems the order of the day.

Hopefully this means when Humax fix this they'll finally issue new software for the HD Fox T2, the last currently is 1.02.29 which doesn't have the multiple transmitter tuning improvements (which really do work, the two Emley boxes can also see the Holmfirth repeater).

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 16:14:39 #66 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Post # 52 refers

My HD and HDR T2's are again failing to record BBC 3 HD after being reset to factory defaults

HDR 2000T was not reset and continues to record successfully!

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 16:29:00 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Barry - 40 minutes ago  » 
    Post # 52 refers
    My HD and HDR T2's are again failing to record BBC 3 HD after being reset to factory defaults
    HDR 2000T was not reset and continues to record successfully!

It's several years since any of my family's three boxes were factory reset. I wonder if this has anything to do with them all recording BBC 3/4 HD fine?

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 17:10:32 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Saralikesradio

this from my 85 year old mum
    Am feeling really fed up because my recordings have failed again and some of the TV pictures are all broken up - it may be to do with HD reception so I must wait for your visit and decide if I need to change the recorder or am I just not doing things correctly? (Her usual worry - unfounded mostly)
    She's in Slough which should have perfectly good HD reception. I recently did a (remote) retune to pick up BBC4 HD - which it did. She has an HDR-Fox T2. When I do go to see her next week - what am I looking for?

| Thu 23 Jan 2014 14:38:09 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

If recordings of new HD channels won't play at all due to being zero length then it's the BBC 3/4 HD problem. Otherwise check signal quality on PSB3 and COM7 muxes, the HD ones.

| Thu 23 Jan 2014 15:25:55 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.