special member

Apologies - my mistake.

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 14:48:12 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Apologies - my mistake.

I don't think you made a mistake. The remote you linked to looks like the newer one to me (the resolution isn't good enough to read the button labels and the more info link appears broken). I know Repassac has the latest remote perhaps he can confirm. Unfortunately I can't find a model number on the older remote.

See post 4

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 14:52:26 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 12 minutes ago  » 

Apologies - my mistake.

I don't think you made a mistake. The remote you linked to looks like the newer one to me (the resolution isn't good enough to read the button labels and the more info link appears broken). I know Repassac has the latest remote perhaps he can confirm. Unfortunately I can't find a model number on the older remote.
    See post 4

Hmmm. There's also no model number on the version I have, which does have STB and TV buttons on the top row and can be used to control the TV.

Humax should really provide a clearer image. And put version numbers on the remotes.

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:09:20 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 6 minutes ago  » 

Apologies - my mistake.

See post 4

Hmmm. There's also no model number on the version I have, which does have STB and TV buttons on the top row and can be used to control the TV.
    Humax should really provide a clearer image. And put version numbers on the remotes.

James what's the button with the green ring round it under the OK button labelled. On the older remote it's the info button.

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:17:29 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 

Apologies - my mistake.

See post 4

James what's the button with the green ring round it under the OK button labelled. On the older remote it's the info button.

Home. Calls up the menu.

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:21:26 #15 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Firstly 108U is the correct remote and has been the only one supplied with the HB-1000S. I have had a very good look at the image (at 400%) - the image is not of the 108U.

The 108U has what looks like a white circle around the STB and TV buttons which light red when a button pressed.

Will post a pic of the top in a few mins - All the sellers I have found use the wrong picture I guess from the Humax site.

Edit:
    https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=e5b09f2cd15d81e8&id=E5B09F2CD15D81E8%21531&Bsrc=Photomail&Bpub=SDX.Photos&sff=1&authkey=AOwbbKsLPG_esj4

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:23:40 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 4 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 3 minutes ago  » 

Apologies - my mistake.

See post 4

Home. Calls up the menu.

Home is the top left button just above the OK and cursor controls on the old remote. Repassac has confirmed the HB1000S came with yours from new. It would help if the more info link worked and confirmed this model has TV control.

No wonder the OP is confused.

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:28:59 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodney

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, ideas and help. You know the bizarre thing is that the Humax remote will turn on the TV and the Humax box, but won't turn the TV off. Yet ... the Pansonic TV remote will only turn the TV on, but will turn everything off! Weird or what?!

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:38:12 #18 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

rodney - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts, ideas and help. You know the bizarre thing is that the Humax remote will turn on the TV and the Humax box, but won't turn the TV off. Yet ... the Pansonic TV remote will only turn the TV on, but will turn everything off! Weird or what?!

This sounds like HDMI-CEC (A TV setting name depends on TV Brand).
    Remote picture now posted on my previous post.

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:41:01 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

REPASSAC - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Edit:
    https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=e5b09f2cd15d81e8&id=E5B09F2CD15D81E8%21531&Bsrc=Photomail&Bpub=SDX.Photos&sff=1&authkey=AOwbbKsLPG_esj4

Thanks, Repassac. That's the one I've got. I shall now label it 108U.

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 15:41:55 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.