My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1010s HDD not recognised

(30 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

The problem with your email if it could be construed as a problem is you mentioned Humax as a possible cause. That provided Freesat with a 'get out of jail free' card i.e. blame it on Humax.

Mind you even if Humax hadn't been mentioned I doubt Freesat would have had much to say other than their perfunctory reply. If they had replied otherwise it might have involved them having to do something.

| Thu 9 Jun 2016 12:59:18 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

hughmclaughlin

It matters not whose fault it is HUMAX or FREESAT. The end result is the same - the HDD in my Humax Hdr 1010s does not work. As this problem or similar seems to have arisen on other Humax boxes I would not recommend a HUMAX FREESAT box.

| Fri 10 Jun 2016 14:56:53 #12 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

hughmclaughlin - 1 hour ago  » 
    It matters not whose fault it is HUMAX or FREESAT. The end result is the same - the HDD in my Humax Hdr 1010s does not work. As this problem or similar seems to have arisen on other Humax boxes I would not recommend a HUMAX FREESAT box.

The HDR-1000S. HDR-1010S and HDR-1100S all run the same software are except for minor differences are the same hardware.

| Fri 10 Jun 2016 16:18:30 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

hughmclaughlin - 7 hours ago  » 

I suspect it does work, it's just that you haven't been able to stumble across the trick for coaxing it back into life. Let's put it this way, if we were both at the recycling centre and you were about to throw it in the skip I would certainly relieve you of the trouble of doing so.

| Fri 10 Jun 2016 22:39:48 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Faust - 2 days ago  » 

hughmclaughlin - 7 hours ago  » 

I suspect it does work, it's just that you haven't been able to stumble across the trick for coaxing it back into life.

Defibrillate it ?

| Mon 13 Jun 2016 9:46:06 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 2 days ago  » ...I suspect it does work, it's just that you haven't been able to stumble across the trick for coaxing it back into life. Let's put it this way, if we were both at the recycling centre and you were about to throw it in the skip I would certainly relieve you of the trouble of doing so.

Crikey Faust! Have you found the solution that has so far confounded Humax? Or just prepared to wait it out till they eventually find one, which they are prepared to offer free?
    I'm agog with curiosity

| Mon 13 Jun 2016 17:00:50 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 5 hours ago  » 

Faust - 2 days ago  » ...I suspect it does work, it's just that you haven't been able to stumble across the trick for coaxing it back into life. Let's put it this way, if we were both at the recycling centre and you were about to throw it in the skip I would certainly relieve you of the trouble of doing so.

Crikey Faust! Have you found the solution that has so far confounded Humax? Or just prepared to wait it out till they eventually find one, which they are prepared to offer free?
    I'm agog with curiosity

Not at all. However, if the box was about to hit the recycler then what have you got to lose by tinkering about with it? I suspect if I had the lid off one I could eventually get it working again - there's nowt like a challenge to brighten up your day.

| Mon 13 Jun 2016 22:49:36 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Faust - 8 hours ago  » ...I suspect if I had the lid off one I could eventually get it working again...

I'm sure Barry will be keen to pass that on to Humax.

| Tue 14 Jun 2016 7:39:13 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Pollensa1946 - 4 hours ago  » 

Faust - 8 hours ago  » ...I suspect if I had the lid off one I could eventually get it working again...

I'm sure Barry will be keen to pass that on to Humax.

Well given it's not likely to be hardware failure then it's just a matter of getting everything back to how it was before it left the factory. Nothing ventured and all that.

It is possible the fault could then reappear but then again it may not.

| Tue 14 Jun 2016 12:01:25 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Faust - 11 hours ago  » 
    Well given it's not likely to be hardware failure

What is your evidence for it not being a hardware problem? This to me smells much more like a hardware issue than a software issue. If it was a hardware issue then Humax would probably continue to peddle the software problem possibility simply because admitting a hardware problem would quite likely cost them a lot of money in repairs.

| Tue 14 Jun 2016 23:44:10 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.