My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - New software 1.01.06

(114 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

David

I am having problems downloading software update UKTFAC 1.01.06 to my Humax HDR-2000T.
    I get the message headed 'Software Update' and showing the New Version as UKTFAC 1.01.06
    Then it goes to a screen headed 'Software Update' but the Software Version on the right hand side of the screen displays UKTFAC 0.00.00
    It then holds that on the screen for a couple of minutes and then displays the message E016 network error.

I have also tried going through the menu and using the Automatic Search to look for software updates but it doesn't find any.

I would expect the 'Software Update' screen to show the correct new version.
    Are others having the same problem?
    What is the best way forward?

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 12:15:49 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Barry - 14 hours ago  » 

Luke - 3 hours ago  » 

Barry - 2 hours ago  » 
    No 'over the air' for this version.

A few weeks ago, when I last talked to the Humax support team, I was informed that there would be. Are you saying that there is currently no over the air broadcast or that currently there is no intention to do so?

No plans for this software version to be broadcast OTA.

So I gather that although the 2000 is less than 1 year old, Humax have decided to only update via ways which a lot of CUSTOMERS cannot access, wonderful. What great customer care, does Humax not realise that a large percentage of users are not so highly technically aware. All they have is a TV, and a PVR, with 1 antenna socket in the wall. This is connected to the PVR, then from the PVR to the TV, this simple arrangement has been used with earlier equipment for years.
    I know people will say, use a splitter or distribution amp, but why when all that is required is a loop through in standby. Others will point out that to have this loop through increases the standby power consumption, very true except I'm sure a lot of users will just leave the PVR permanently powered on, consuming a lot more than standby plus loop through. Anyway since loop through will now be availble to some, why not to all as an OTA.
    I have purchased several Humax products over the years, and have been very satified with both performance and reliability. However this loop through fiasco has brought me to the conclusion that the company has forgotten it's customers.
    After reading the spec I unfortunatly recommended the 2000 to a friend, no mention was made that standby loop through was not available.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 12:16:03 #62 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Whoa there - I did not say never be an OTA, I said no plans for this version.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 13:17:17 #63 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

David - welcome to our Forum

Is your unit trying to update via IP (internet) or are you getting these errors on a usb update?

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 13:19:19 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

fedman1

special member

Barry - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Whoa there - I did not say never be an OTA, I said no plans for this version.

Sorry Barry, but since you didn't say 'at present' I assumed that was it. I still don't understand why this version could not have been sent as an OTA download.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 13:58:59 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

David

Barry
    It's trying to update via the internet.
    I've checked that the internet connection works by connecting my laptop to the internet cable with the wi-fi turned off. (I've moved the cable back since I've checked).
    And the iPlayer works on the Humax.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 14:35:02 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

David - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I've checked that the internet connection works by connecting my laptop to the internet cable with the wi-fi turned off.
    And the iPlayer works on the Humax.

Are you leaving the box in standby overnight whilst connected to the Internet?

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 14:41:07 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

David

Yes, we leave it in standby whilst connected to the internet.
    I noticed that the first message stated the new software version UKTFAC 1.01.06 was available, but the New Version on the next screen is UKTFAC 0.00.00. Is that significant?

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 15:51:53 #68 |
  9. Marvin

Marvin

Hmm.. just got around to taking the aerial feed out from the 2000T to the TV rather than from the spitter and immediately ran into 2 problems

1) Hopping pack to the TV input and powering down the Hummy to check the pass though was working, then powering up the Hummy again and switching input (HDMI) back, I'd lost sound as per numerous other reports that abound. NEVER had this before in a year of ownership.

2) Trying to cycle the power to resolve this, it became apparent that "standby" is no longer anything of the sort. It appears that in order to enable pass-through, the entire box is kept on and made to look like it's in standby by just the cutting the output signal and switching the LED to red.
    You can tell because it comes out of standby immediately.

The only way to get the sound back was to turn "power saving" back on in the settings and powering the unit down properly & up again. Terrific. That's quite some fix...

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 18:07:49 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Marvin - 30 minutes ago  » 
    2) Trying to cycle the power to resolve this, it became apparent that "standby" is no longer anything of the sort.

How long did you leave it in standby before attempting to take it out of standby?

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 18:39:03 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.