My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

How to reset HDR-1000S non-freesat channels?

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

As I live in Northern Ireland, I was thinking that I might be able to get the RTE channels using the HDR-1000S non-freesat channel option (they are available in Northern Ireland via Freeview HD but I get my Freeview from a relay aerial which only has a subset of MUXes and these don't include the RTE channels).

When I go into non-freesat on my box it already has several Channel4s set!

How can this be as I never have been in non-freesat on my box and was expecting a Search option?

Is there any way of resetting the non-freesat channels or can this only be done by doing a factory reset of the box?

Thanks again.

Paul

| Thu 20 Nov 2014 20:20:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

In non-freesat use edit channels to select all of them and delete them. You won't get Saorsat without another dish and a ka band lnb. (The satellite isn't at 28.2E)

http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/ka_band_lnb.htm

The beam pattern is very tight for Saorsat so unless you live close to the border you probably won't get Saorsat anyway.

http://www.techtir.ie/saortv/saorsat-coverage

| Thu 20 Nov 2014 21:51:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

Graham

Thanks for your reply.

I'm in non-freesat but where is the edit channels option?

Paul

| Thu 20 Nov 2014 22:41:49 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PaulMcI - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Graham
    Thanks for your reply.
    I'm in non-freesat but where is the edit channels option?
    Paul

Can't check till tomorrow. Box in use.

| Thu 20 Nov 2014 22:54:52 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Settings, Non Freesat, Editable channels then next, highlight the channel you want to remove and press OK - you can only delete one channel at a time iirc

or

Just start a new channel search.

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 0:07:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

Barry

Thanks for your reply.

On investigating further following your post I found that I have to be in non-freesat mode and then going to Settings shows the Non Freesat option that offers Channel search and Editable channels.

This is what I was after.

Looking through the list of channels there are:

5050 RTE One
    5021 RTE TWO
    5022 TG4
    5023 TV3
    5024 RTEjr
    5025 RTE TWO HD

These must be encrypted because when I try to access them I get the message "Audio/Video code buffer is underrun".

Would these channels be from Sky on the 28.2E satellite?

Do Humax automatically set up the non freesat channels because I certainly didn't.

Thanks again.

Paul

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 20:16:29 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I would suspect there's a possibility that the box you have may be a return.
    When you first turned the box on was you greeted with the Setup Wizard or did it just go straight to the Home Menu?

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 20:23:32 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

-gonzo- - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I would suspect there's a possibility that the box you have may be a return.
    When you first turned the box on was you greeted with the Setup Wizard or did it just go straight to the Home Menu?

More than that it must have been used in Ireland (and mostly in the Irish Rebuplic) with a KA Band lnb.

Those channels aren't tunable in the UK.

Where did the OP buy the box ?

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 20:47:16 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

Gonzo

I bought the HDR-1000S 1TB box from an Ebay shop: Think Advantage Ltd, Smart Direct, Curzon House, 24 High Street, Banstead, Surrey SM7 2LJ on 10 April 2013.

When I first turned the box on I was greeted by the Setup Wizard and I had to enter the postcode for my house.

Graham

I can watch most of the channels apart from the RTE and Sky channels which report "Audio/Video code buffer is underrun".

The channels start:

5000 Channel4
    ditto
    5005 Channel4
    5006 Film4
    5007 Film4 +1
    5008 More4 +1
    5009 C4I
    5010 E4+1
    5011 E4
    5012 Channel4 +1
    ditto
    5017 Channel4 +1
    5018 More4
    5019 e4
    5020 RTE One

etc

5095 Sky2
    5096 Sky Living+1

etc

I only wrote down the channels from 5000 to 5125 but they go on ending with radio channels.

As I said above, I can watch most of the channels and listen to the radio channels.

Does this not mean that my dish is pointing at a satellite to allow me to do this?

Thanks again.

Paul

| Tue 25 Nov 2014 21:53:44 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I imagine it means the box has been manually tuned using a dual dish install somewhere in Ireland. This will have two lnb's on on 19.2E (Ka band) and the other on 28.2E (Ku band). There's no other way I can think of that you have saorsat channels in your non-freesat list. There may be other KU band channels in the mix from 19.2E. It also seems that the channel scan included encrypted content which you can't watch at all.

The channel numbers are created in the order they happen to be added (and can be changed)

You now have a single dish on 28.2/28.5E so of course none of the 19.5E will work (and in any case the RTE ones aren't usable in the UK).

Any of these channels should be usable in non freesat mode.

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

I would make a note of your recording schedule and do a factory reset. Then do a full manual tune for fta channels only.

| Tue 25 Nov 2014 22:08:32 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.