My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

How to reset HDR-1000S non-freesat channels?

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

evilivor

I imagine it means the box has been manually tuned using a dual dish install somewhere in Ireland. This will have two lnb's on on 19.2E (Ka band) and the other on 28.2E (Ku band). There's no other way I can think of that you have saorsat channels in your non-freesat list. There may be other KU band channels in the mix from 19.2E. It also seems that the channel scan included encrypted content which you can't watch at all.
    The channel numbers are created in the order they happen to be added (and can be changed)
    You now have a single dish on 28.2/28.5E so of course none of the 19.5E will work (and in any case the RTE ones aren't usable in the UK).
    Any of these channels should be usable in non freesat mode.
    http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear
    I would make a note of your recording schedule and do a factory reset. Then do a full manual tune for fta channels only.

Tv3 isn't on Saorsat so I'd imagine the channels are just there from a general scan of 28 that included the encrypted channels.

| Fri 28 Nov 2014 20:55:20 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

Evilivor

Your suggestion of a general scan of 28 makes sense to me as I can access all the unencrypted channels.

Graham

I live midway between Bangor and Newtownards in Northern Ireland, so from what you have said I think that I am too far from the border to be able to get RTE channels and I will forget about them and try to tune in some FTA channels in the non freesat mode.

So a factory reset wipes my recording schedule. Are my recordings OK or will they be wiped as well?

Thanks

Paul

| Fri 28 Nov 2014 22:08:44 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

evilivor - 1 hour ago  » 

I imagine it means the box has been manually tuned using a dual dish install somewhere in Ireland. This will have two lnb's on on 19.2E (Ka band) and the other on 28.2E (Ku band). There's no other way I can think of that you have saorsat channels in your non-freesat list. There may be other KU band channels in the mix from 19.2E. It also seems that the channel scan included encrypted content which you can't watch at all.
    The channel numbers are created in the order they happen to be added (and can be changed)
    You now have a single dish on 28.2/28.5E so of course none of the 19.5E will work (and in any case the RTE ones aren't usable in the UK).
    Any of these channels should be usable in non freesat mode.
    http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear
    I would make a note of your recording schedule and do a factory reset. Then do a full manual tune for fta channels only.

Tv3 isn't on Saorsat so I'd imagine the channels are just there from a general scan of 28 that included the encrypted channels.

Good point, however a full scan should have found around a thousand channels (currently 970 according to Kingofsat).

Need the OP to confirm just how many channels are in the non-freesat list.

| Fri 28 Nov 2014 22:11:45 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

Graham

In non freesat on my Humax box there are 335 TV channels (from 5000 to 5334) and 27 radio channels (from 8000 to 8026). There are no other channels.

I ordered this Humax box on the 10 April 2013 and it arrived a few days later. Any non freesat scan would have been done before that date.

Paul

| Fri 28 Nov 2014 23:03:34 #14 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

PaulMcI - 8 hours ago  » 
    Graham
    In non freesat on my Humax box there are 335 TV channels (from 5000 to 5334) and 27 radio channels (from 8000 to 8026). There are no other channels.
    I ordered this Humax box on the 10 April 2013 and it arrived a few days later. Any non freesat scan would have been done before that date.
    Paul

With a non-freesat scan you can scan transponder by transponder, optionally limiting the scan to FTA. The number of channels will vary accordingly. If you rescan you will get the channel again.

I would recommend to locate what you would like to watch, that is not on freesat, and scan those transponders, deleting what you don't want on that transponder. I have about 4 non-freesat channels.

Non-freesat channels can be very hard to identify. The number assigned is sequential for TV and Radio.

| Sat 29 Nov 2014 7:44:56 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Current count according to Kingofsat

All channels including encrypted 970, Free To Air 504.

Many are near duplicates - ITV SD regions for instance.

| Sat 29 Nov 2014 9:54:46 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

posted in error

| Sat 29 Nov 2014 9:55:30 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

PaulMcI

Repassac

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

From your response above you seem to imply that you can have multiple transponders scanned?

Looking at the screen on the Humax I thought I had to choose one transponder to scan.

Thanks

Paul

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 20:26:37 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.