My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax App - Disk Spinning

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blisteringblue

Just gone back to my HDR1000s after a year back with $ky when they gave me a stupid offer.

Anyway was keen to try the new App and it worked a treat. But I'm horrified about the amount of times it makes the Hard Disk on the Humax spin up.

Has anybody had any feedback from Humax about this? I've removed it for now because while it is nice it's not essential and I really don't want to be replacing my hard disk. It's a graded box I bought in the first place so don't want to chance it.

| Mon 15 Dec 2014 11:07:15 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

This is something that has been moaned about since the apps launch, but unfortunately Humax will not do anything about it without Freesat's say so.

You can still use the app while on the same network when it's not synced with the box, but you cannot set recordings.

| Mon 15 Dec 2014 11:42:11 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

-gonzo- - 2 hours ago  » .........
    You can still use the app while on the same network when it's not synced with the box, but you cannot set recordings.

That's exactly the way I use it - wished freesat had specified the design to allow the unit to select the connection period with perhaps an option to exclude say 10:00-06:00.

| Mon 15 Dec 2014 14:06:06 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

See my post here...
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/freesat-app-on-android/page/2#post-28475

| Mon 15 Dec 2014 16:38:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blisteringblue

Wow those sums are massive. I agree though there must be a way you can choose the time to save overnight spinning.

| Mon 15 Dec 2014 19:47:10 #5 |
  6. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Emailed Freesat earlier in the week regarding the every 20 mins disc boot up and just received this response.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm that we are examining the possibility of extending the times between the HDD spooling up but at this point in time we cannot confirm when this would come in to effect.

We would recommend keeping up to date on the latest updates to the Freesat service via our website on http://www.freesat.com

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 14:47:42 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Taken them a year but at least they're now listening. New broom sweeps clean regarding customer relations?

| Fri 19 Dec 2014 16:37:58 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.