My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

my hdr fox t2 keeps "clicking"

(54 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anderoo

As for who repaired it..no idea. It was returned to richer sounds under the five year warranty (only had t2 for 30 months or so). Whether they contract out their repairs or not i dunno. The repair sheet says replaced hdd and updated software. I think i will just have to phone and see what RSounds say

| Fri 12 Sep 2014 22:13:51 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Anderoo - 4 hours ago  » 
    Maybe a possibility to take it to a friends and have a try but i am seriously duff at using computers!!

It involves no more than determining the IP address of the Humax when connected to a network (which is done via the standard Humax interface using the remote) and then pointing a web browser (a tablet or a phone will do; doesn't have to be a PC) and clicking on two buttons. Is that really too hard for you?

Is it possible to access the hdd physically without breaking the humax warranty seal?

Yes you can do it by using a hair dryer or heat gun to melt the glue on the seal.

It seems to me that they tried to repair it by using the web interface etc without replacing the hdd maybe?

Yes quite possibly. One of the attributes that is reported by the hard disk diagnostic is power on hours. If this is a new drive then it will be as many hours as you have used the box since repair. If an old drive it will be many thousands of hours.

| Sat 13 Sep 2014 2:26:17 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anderoo

Would the humax have to be connected to the internet, if so, how do i do that?!! My friends have routers but would i have to do some configuration stuff? Will the lead that you use to connect your computer to the router work with the humax? Do i just type the humax ip address in the bar at the top of the internet browser on my phone? How do i know if it has the web interface etc fully installed (is that what the Cust FW 2.23 means??). I may see if i can get a wifi dongle for the humax as i know i can tether my phone somehow! Also, is it likely that the repair man removed the tamper seal without damaging it and replaced hdd and then stuck the seal back on...given that they know the box is over 2 yrs old (listed on job sheet)

| Sat 13 Sep 2014 3:35:27 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Anderoo - 5 hours ago  » 
    Would the humax have to be connected to the internet, if so, how do i do that?!!

Not necessarily.

My friends have routers but would i have to do some configuration stuff?

You plug the lead from the Humax into the router; that is it.

Will the lead that you use to connect your computer to the router work with the humax?

Yes. All that is needed is a standard network cable. Buy one for a £1 in a pound shop.

Do i just type the humax ip address in the bar at the top of the internet browser on my phone?

Yes.

How do i know if it has the web interface etc fully installed (is that what the Cust FW 2.23 means??).

It will have either the basic web interface (you can recognise this as all you will see will be a button inviting you to install the full interface; if the Humax is connected to the Internet then you simply click the button.) or the full web interface. The only way to find out is to point a browser at the Humax.

I may see if i can get a wifi dongle for the humax as i know i can tether my phone somehow!

Please don't go down that route at this point as you are just going to make things more difficult.

Also, is it likely that the repair man removed the tamper seal without damaging it and replaced hdd and then stuck the seal back on...given that they know the box is over 2 yrs old (listed on job sheet)

How can anyone answer a question like that??? I have already told you that the hard drive keeps track of how long it has been powered on (in hours); it also records the number of times it has been powered on. The full web interface will allow you to access this data and answer the question for yourself.

| Sat 13 Sep 2014 9:05:07 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anderoo

I thought it would be a bit more complicated than that! Do i need the telnet stuff? Also does the humax have to be plugged in to my friends tv so i can see what is happening ?? Or just so i can get the ip address of his router???

| Sat 13 Sep 2014 16:57:00 #25 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Anderoo - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I thought it would be a bit more complicated than that! Do i need the telnet stuff? Also does the humax have to be plugged in to my friends tv so i can see what is happening ?? Or just so i can get the ip address of his router???

You need the IP address the router gives to your HDR FOX T2. Connect your box with a patch cable to a spare socket on your friends routers network switch. Connect the HDR FOX T2 to a TV so you can read the information.

Menu - settings - internet setting Configure LAN. The top entry should be DHCP. The IP address is on the next line. That's the address you have to type into a web browser.

| Sat 13 Sep 2014 17:07:21 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anderoo

Thanks for the help...will try that when i go round! Better that i know whether they did actually replace the hdd before i start accusing!

| Sat 13 Sep 2014 17:32:12 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Anderoo - 1 hour ago  » 
    Do i need the telnet stuff?

Have I mentioned telnet? So why bring it up?

Also does the humax have to be plugged in to my friends tv so i can see what is happening ?? Or just so i can get the ip address of his router???

If your friend knows how to get the IP address of the Humax from the router (it isn't difficult but will vary slightly depending on the router) then you do not need the Humax connected to a TV.

| Sat 13 Sep 2014 18:18:56 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anderoo

How do you type the ip address in the browser bar...is it just the sequence of numbers or do i have to put http in front of them. Like i said i am useless with computers (rarely ever use them) so not too tech savvy. I mentioned telnet cos i thought it was needed to use the web interface thing?

| Sat 13 Sep 2014 19:11:54 #29 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Anderoo - 43 minutes ago  » 
    How do you type the ip address in the browser bar...is it just the sequence of numbers or do i have to put http in front of them. Like i said i am useless with computers (rarely ever use them) so not too tech savvy. I mentioned telnet cos i thought it was needed to use the web interface thing?

Just type in the numbers, the browser will fill in the rest. This is the Foxsat-hdr the HDR FOX T2 is near identical.

It happened to be on at the time.

I will post the HDR FOX T2 after booting one.

Attachments

1. Foxsat-hdr.jpg (592.6 KB, 4 downloads) 9 years old
    | Sat 13 Sep 2014 19:56:27 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.