My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

new box 4 days ago -stopped working

(45 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

drphilgood

like Duncan, I am completely demoralised by the hours spent trying to get a functional HB1000s.
    I am now on my 2nd box, which like the first worked for 3-4 days, and has now crashed. Currently, the box fires up, but after about 30 seconds goes to standby, at which point no remote input works.
    the remote works for the first 30 seconds after re boot, but not long enough for me to get to factory reset, or to be able to check the software version, though I think its current anyway.
    I am tempted just to scrap the whole thing and get a refund.

| Fri 9 Jan 2015 13:29:28 #21 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The up for 30 secs and then into standby is the normal response to a power failure.

| Fri 9 Jan 2015 21:08:23 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

drphilgood

[quote]The up for 30 secs and then into standby is the normal response to a power failure.

can you explain what you mean by a power failure,please? When this has happened, the box responds to nothing except being unplugged, ie no remote response and no response to the on/off button.

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 0:37:28 #23 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Power failure means any loss of power. i.e. removing the plug.
    It will start the boot process, set it's wake up timer and then, if the previous state was in standby, return there.

Following this it should act normally - i.e respond the remote / front panel (unless you pull the plug again).

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 7:57:22 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

drphilgood

well it would not do anything, even after unplugging it simply goes back to red standby light and no further response, even leaving it untouched overnight.
    I have the box working again, having moved it to another room and plugged in direct to the router/ new sat feed. Checked that software was latest version suggested bt freesat, though slightly concerned that box info says v 2.02.09 but update date of 19.11.14, while I note that freesat did another update in december, but tried manual update a couple of times and did not get anywhere.
    Plugged back into original tv, changed the hdmi input and switched off the samsung c-net connection as I wondered whether it was this causing the lock up.
    working ok for 10 mins but previous problems occured after 2-3 days of normal operation.
    Fingers crossed, thanks for the help.

| Sun 11 Jan 2015 16:26:40 #25 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Software usually always carries the compile date (by Humax) after that it has to pass though testing and acceptance testing.

It you have Anynet+ enabled on the TV then disable that as well that is very possible to be the reason.

The HB-1000S takes about 5 mins to actually get to full standby (you would only know this however, if you monitor it's power consumption [<0.5 watt = full standby]) Note this is you need to restart it at any time.

Edit: Just a thought, being connected directly to the router should not charge anything - however the lack of a HDMI connection to the TV could be significant.

| Sun 11 Jan 2015 17:56:25 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

drphilgood

thanks again. As suggested have disabled anynet+, box worked fine all yesterday after the restore etc.

If it goes into melt down again, (the previous occasions I have ended up with the green light on but no response to any remote instructions), what should be my first course of action. Previously it seemed all I could do was un plug, leave for at least 30 seconds, and then try again. At that point, I had some sort of response to controls for 30 seconds or so after re start,and then straight into red light standby mode?

| Mon 12 Jan 2015 11:08:05 #27 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I rather think Anynet+ was the cause of the problem.
    If it happens again, try disconnecting the power, when in standby, together with the HDMI lead and re-power after 60 secs.
    If OK then reconnect HDMI lead.

The 60 secs is to allow the power supply to discharge - I think actually you only need to wait until it's LED goes out, plus a few secs.

| Mon 12 Jan 2015 15:36:53 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

drphilgood

thank you again. Still working fine today but will let you know if it goes down again.
    Thank you for your patience in dealing with my incompetence!
    Phil

| Mon 12 Jan 2015 16:05:32 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

drphilgood

Quick update; pleased to say box still working fine and also had a very detailed and helpful reply from humax customer service, with a detailed list of instructions to follow should I get into trouble.

Just to say that if I had not had the help and advice found on this forum, I would have chucked in the towel and returned the box once more, so many thanks to you all.

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 1:17:30 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.