My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

new box 4 days ago -stopped working

(45 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is always good news when people confirm a solution - it helps increase know-how.

I wonder what percentage of returned units are not defective. I would guess more than 90%.

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 18:20:24 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

duncanbbd

I just returned my box today and got a new one. It is working on first power up whereas the previous stopped working usually on power up after 20 seconds.

you may be correct in that there is some reason for it failing, but what can I do if its not working ?
    I don't know what Anynet+ is and did not setup such. one should be able to go back to factory reset if the box gets into a bad condition ?

I am usually pretty good with such setups and should be quite good at debug, however, I was not able to do anything.

On Demand is not working, despite setting up network manually. I will check the network connections again.

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 18:04:48 #32 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Anynet+ is a brand name for what is called HDMI-CEC where control of power-up and power-down is linked to your TV - just search for your TV brand and HDMI-CEC to find out what your TV calls it.
    Some TV models of the same brand work fine and others don't.
    My Philips had the same problems but a newer model works fine for Barry (A forum mod).

TV's are more and more complex now days and take longer to boot.
    My advice is to always turn the TV on a full 5-10 seconds before the sat unit.

Your 20 secs sounds like you disconnected the power. The unit will reboot, set its timers and normally return to standby if that was it's previous state. It will wake if you then press the on button.

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 21:41:13 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just out of interest, I have a new Panasonic TV. It replaced a Sony TV which when the Sony equivalent Bravia Synch was turned on had the same issues. The new one has CEC options including the capability to disable CEC power control options. After enabling these I can turn on CEC with no issues. Perhaps the obvious problems have now finally been recognised by the TV makers.

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 21:49:00 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

duncanbbd

I have a LG TV and the Simplink option was OFF on the TV (it is the HDMI-CEC)

I would say that when the TV hung up (would not even power off) but the TV channel was playing but could not be changed
    I did pull out the power waited a bit then put power back on. I don't know if I waited long enough,I waited many minutes while trying to press remote control. I'm sure at times I left it for quite a long time,more than ann hour

If there is some issue with power on and off then the documentation needs to be much clearer.

I will provide feed back over the nnext few days

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 0:27:55 #35 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

duncanbbd - 6 hours ago  » 
    ...." would say that when the TV hung up (would not even power off) but the TV channel was playing but could not be changed"

Did you actually mean the TV?

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 7:17:03 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

duncanbbd

no, sorry, I meant the box not TV set.

the current channel was playing in a smaller window with menus, but using remote unable to use any function on remote.

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 9:18:12 #37 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I hate to ask but if you have the remote with the STB button on the top left did you try pressing it?

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 10:05:52 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

duncanbbd

yes of course ;o)
    when you pressed keys the light comes on red.

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 10:26:43 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

duncanbbd

was beginning to think the box was working fine.

my wife tried to use it tonight and the "remote control has stopped working"

this is the new box I got 4 days ago as a replacement which stopped working after 4 days. at the beginning of January

I have not investigated or powered of as people want to watch the tv ;o)

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 22:12:30 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.