My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

New software version 1.00.22

(43 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If you are sure the unit is not recording, and with unit in standby.

1. Insert usb stick into front or rear usb socket.
    2. Press and hold channel down on front of unit whilst pressing the standby button simultaneously.
    3. Update should then commence, if you have your tv on you should see the progress.
    4. When complete 'end' will appear on the front display, and a message on TV screen will advise you to reboot.
    5. Remove usb stick and press standby button to reboot.

| Mon 28 Jan 2013 11:59:57 #21 |
  2. Al Catraz

Al Catraz

thanks Barry - just discovered my USB stick is broken, so I'll have to get a new one before I can try this.

| Mon 28 Jan 2013 12:27:10 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Petep

Having bought the Freetime box after Christmas to replace an old Grundig Freesat I was disappointed to find this problem from a well established sat box manufacturer. I spoke to Humeax today who admitted there was a software bug and pointed me to the downloadable fix.

I have uploaded the fix tonight and will keep everything crossed that it is fixed.

I am not sure however that my recording failures are only after overnight standby.

Has anybody else experienced recording failures NOT associated with post standby - maybe the HD channels?

| Tue 29 Jan 2013 22:13:24 #23 |
  4. Al Catraz

Al Catraz

applying from standby didn't work for me, but following the humax instructions worked fine - all seems well.

| Wed 30 Jan 2013 13:55:05 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Petep - 23 hours ago  » 
    Having bought the Freetime box after Christmas to replace an old Grundig Freesat I was disappointed to find this problem from a well established sat box manufacturer. I spoke to Humeax today who admitted there was a software bug and pointed me to the downloadable fix.
    I have uploaded the fix tonight and will keep everything crossed that it is fixed.
    I am not sure however that my recording failures are only after overnight standby.
    Has anybody else experienced recording failures NOT associated with post standby - maybe the HD channels?

It should fix the recording issue and it wasn't just the first recording after an overnight standby. 2-3 hours in standby was enough for my box.

| Wed 30 Jan 2013 21:18:50 #25 |
  6. Al Catraz

Al Catraz

Al Catraz - 1 day ago  » 
    applying from standby didn't work for me, but following the humax instructions worked fine - all seems well.

I am happy to report the recording problem is fixed on my box, so well done Humax! Looking forward to delivery of 4od & demand5 very soon and then some more bug fixes and some of the many enhancements people have been asking for - keep it rolling!

| Fri 1 Feb 2013 0:35:27 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bargain Dave

Though I have tried to instal this update ( as per instructions above) but my box appears not to want to download from my memory stick
    I know the memory stick ( 4gb) will work with my box as subsequently put a video file on it and it played successfully. Not sure it why will work to install a download.
    Though I understand this version will not be released as OVER THE AIR download, but will it be included in future over air download and if so any idea what sort of time frame?

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 0:09:18 #27 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Bargin Dave - The loader (which handles the flashing) and the application are different and what works with one may not work with the other.

Make sure the stick is formatted as FAT32 (The application reads NTFS, I don't think the loader does)

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 9:05:26 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Just for info, I had problems with a usb stick last week, drove me barmy. 8GB Kingston formatted to ntfs with win8 binaries on it and I could only write to it at speeds of 20 - 30 KB/s. I did a quick format to fat32 and it was no different. I was playing with windows 8 at the time and even copying across the network was very poor so I put it down to drivers and windows 8, however the usb stick was just the same on another pc.

It wasn't until I did a full format to fat32, i.e. not quick, took around 40 minutes, that the usb stick started to work properly and I can now write to it at 2-3MB/s

My advice is to do a full fat32 format with default settings on your usb stick first and try the update again, it would appear that these memory sticks can get messed up.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 9:38:46 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

ian-d

Unfortunately it seems if you phone Humax up (and eventually get through after an hour or so!) mentioning one of the common well known recording issues (such as from standby, or issues with the second tuner), you will either me told that Humax are aware of it and working on a fix; or that your receiver is faulty and must be returned to the retailer! Clearly Humax need to get together and decide what approach to take rather than potentially inconveniencing the consumer with misinformation.

This update goes a long way to resolving the standby issue, but they need to get a much larger update out (over-the-air) urgently before too much damage is done to theirs and freesat's reputation.

It will be a cracking product once these fixes are sorted; as the unit was prior to the last ota update.

| Tue 5 Feb 2013 17:28:27 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.