My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

newbie needs help

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

confused

hello,

pvr-9150T, just had it 24 hours , it worked, for only that long, no all i get is "no signal" and a blue screen. I have read the manual-easy to understand. the software is up to date 1.00.26 version, i checked. this was a "managers special", grade A. But it is breaking just about every consumer law ever passed in this country for 40 years.

I am also not the most technically minded-I should not HAVE to be, this item should just WORK!!, so if anyone has any ideas??.

I have emailed Humax sales and told them it will be comming back to them in brown paper and whatever state it arrives on their doorstep will be no worse than the state in which it arrived on MINE.

Any non technical help/comments would be welcome.

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 22:35:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

Hi and welcome. I am not sure what country you live, but where I am you would be able to return it for a full refund, regardless if it is on offer or a graded item, it is "not fit for the purpose it was intended" But beware, if you accept a repair then you have accepted the goods. You say it is being returned to Humax, is that where you purchased it then? If not you should take back to where you purchased it, as they are the ones responsible and MUST replace or give a refund. I hope I have been of some help, but I am new here myself and not that technical.

| Fri 13 Dec 2013 23:32:42 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

confused - 13 hours ago  » 
    But it is breaking just about every consumer law ever passed in this country for 40 years.

Perhaps it is your TV not being able to recognise the Humax.
    How is your Humax connected to your TV?
    What makes you think that the message is being displayed by the Humax and not the TV?
    There are many people who find the 9150T OK. Please would you post the detail about how your 9150T is set-up with the rest of your equipment.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 12:09:52 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

confused

What makes you think that the message is being displayed by the Humax and not the TV?
    There are many people who find the 9150T OK. Please would you post the detail about how your 9150T is set-up with the rest of your equipment.

I posted in a fit of utter bloody fury, I do not expect to buy something and then it not work, after 24 using it for hours ok, here are the details.

The 9150T is connected to a Wharfedale tv by a scart lead, the 9150T is plugged in and the ariel lead is plugged into the back of the 9150T , hope this helps.
    As far as the legal bit is concerned, I read that the managers specials were not under warranty??

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 12:26:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

confused

I have just been on the Humax site to check, this model I bought IS under a years warranty, I read somewhere else that is is not under any guarantee, dear God the vagaries of the internet!!.

Anyway, any advice welcome.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 12:31:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

confused

been on the humax site again, i had a look at the reviews for the 9150T, i found a review for a grade A "managers special" false economy, I think this is what might have happened with mine, alot of the reviews are excellent, but I am not happy with the fact that this unit I have is not "fit for purpose".
    The aggravation if sending it back, close to christmas, I think it £68 is stll alot to pay if you are on a limited income.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 13:01:59 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

If you have bought it from Humax or another company/store then there is no such thing as "no guarantee" Without going into all the legal details the item must be fit for the purpose that it was intended, if not you are entitled to a full refund.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 13:31:54 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I can understand the comment from Luke re 'What makes you think that the message is being displayed by the Humax and not the TV'

Are you sure the TV is selecting the correct scart input, if it has more then one.

and

You do not have to send anything back in 'brown paper' - If you contact Humax by telephone they will try and assist, and if necessary arrange a swap out on your doorstep.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 13:42:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

confused - 15 hours ago  » 
    all i get is "no signal" and a blue screen.

I have been unable to reproduce that. The closest I come to from the Humax is "No or bad signal." on a dark grey screen. It is not the Humax that is producing this message. On most TV remotes there is an "AV" or "Source" button or a button with a square and an arrow pointing inwards. Try pressing that and see what happens.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 13:56:10 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

confused

Luke, thankyou for your help, I will give that a try, I pressed the source button on the pvr, that did not work.

Barry, I have got the scart connected from t.v to scart tv on the pvr.

Apologies for phosphorescent temper,a product of Irish descent! and recent family tragedy this week , nearly lost two members of my family on Thursday owing to medication mixup and death of an in law, killed - horrific injuries. Not in best of moods.

Your help is appreciated.

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 15:43:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.