My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No sound

(126 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I've just connected HDR 2000T via HDMI and Scart and I can switch between sources on Sony TV (KDL-W705B) with no issues.

Are you sure it is not your TV or something else generating the on screen message.

| Mon 2 Nov 2015 14:29:47 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I had my HDR-2000T connected up to my Sony TV (KDL-W705B) for three months with no additional issues. If the sound was absent and I could not startup from cold I'd just switched to scart. Certainly no message about not being able to record from HDMI.

| Mon 2 Nov 2015 14:45:42 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I have managed to contact Humax, the guy told me it could be a software glitch in the unit. he told me to turn off the unit disconnect every thing a leave for a bout an hour, then reconnect if possible using a different HDMI lead which I have now done. And now its working properly no more messages when switching from HDMI to scart on my TV from the Humax, I am well happy now. I also told him about the sound loss on the HDMI output, he said by changing the HDMI cable will cure it. MMMM I am not holding my breath on that one as there as so many of you with the same problem.

| Mon 2 Nov 2015 19:22:04 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

wackyg

Just acquired a new TV, LG 42LF652V. Connected my HDR_200T to it but no sound. It was previously coupled to a Sony Bravia TV and, although the sound was always much quieter than the TV it was useable if the sound was boosted from the TV volume control. You just had to remember to reduce the volume when going back to the TV. I've always used a scart lead connection but having read previous posts I decided to reset the Humax using an HDMI lead. Unfortunately, still no sound and no, or a very poor, picture. So eventually changed back to the scart lead, for whatever reason it now works, sound and good picture; but for how long? The Humax seems very temperamental and I certainly would not waste my money on another one! I hope there is a much more reliable alternative out there.

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 17:42:44 #64 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

wackyg - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Just acquired a new TV, LG 42LF652V. Connected my HDR_200T to it but no sound. It was previously coupled to a Sony Bravia TV and, although the sound was always much quieter than the TV it was useable if the sound was boosted from the TV volume control. You just had to remember to reduce the volume when going back to the TV. I've always used a scart lead connection but having read previous posts I decided to reset the Humax using an HDMI lead. Unfortunately, still no sound and no, or a very poor, picture. So eventually changed back to the scart lead, for whatever reason it now works, sound and good picture; but for how long? The Humax seems very temperamental and I certainly would not waste my money on another one! I hope there is a much more reliable alternative out there.

All you had to do is turn up the box volume using the remote control, by default it's set to 50%. About 80-90% is about right for most TV's

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 18:11:15 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Most new TVs allow different picture settings for each HDMI source. If you reconnect the Humax via HDMI, you should be able to adjust the settings to get a better picture via HDMI.

| Tue 5 Jan 2016 19:12:53 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

wackyg

Thanks for your comment grahamlthompson, but the box volume is fully turned up. As I said, I'm afraid this particular Humax box is rubbish!

| Wed 6 Jan 2016 11:44:21 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

1. Connect the Humax to the TV via HDMI.
    2. With the Humax as the selected Source, go into Settings on the TV Menu
    3. Choose "Sound Settings"
    4. Try each Sound Settings sub-menu in turn, changing the settings to your preference
    5. After each change, try the Sound Test.
    http://kr.eguide.lgappstv.com/manual/w15_mr/dvb/Apps/w15_mr_e01/e_eng/settings.html

Then go through the Picture Settings, checking each sub-menu and changing the settings to your preference, trying the Picture Test after each change.

If you still can't get decent picture or sound, contact LG Support.

| Wed 6 Jan 2016 12:16:00 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Have you tried another HD source through the HDMI socket of your LG TV. Only my friend had a similar fault on his new LG TV with his Blu ray player and Sky box, picture and sound fault. It turned out it was the TVs HDMI was at fault and got his TV changed, as it was a new one, and now everything is fine. But as for the sound problems on the 2000T through the HDMI it seems nation wide, I have 2 Humax 2000T's and the sound cuts out on both of mine as well through the HDMI, and I have heard that lots of people are having the same problem with this modal. The way round it is to turn the TV to the HDMI channel first before turning on the Humax 2000T out of stand-bye. But if it is recording and you find the sound as gone, then you will have to use the scart or A/V to view the 2000T. I have tried to contact Humax all they say is Change the HDMI cable, do a factory reset or try a different TV. But this fault only happens every now and again, most of the time it works fine.

| Wed 6 Jan 2016 12:48:33 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

wackyg

Thanks for your response JamesB. I have worked through the Sound and Picture settings as you specified and, although I can't claim to fully understand what exactly I was doing, it now works via a HDMI cable. Thank you. I now just have to hope that it does not revert to the problem again. Thanks also to bill63 for his response, but it doesn't look as if I've got that particular problem. Although I agree wholeheartedly with your comments concerning the inconsistencies of this particular model. Do other models of Humax suffer similar problems?

| Wed 6 Jan 2016 18:41:49 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.