My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No sound

(126 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

bill63 - 2 days ago  » 
    This issue seems to only affect the 1800T/2000T and NO OTHER Humax product.
    Humax is aware of the issue, but it maybe to expensive correct as it could be a design fault in the hardware to put right.
    And as its only an intermitted fault and most people are putting up with it, so they are not bothered as it would cost the £1000's even millions to recall all of them.
    If it was a software problem then they could have easily fix it by now with an update.
    If this was handshake issue then the problem would there all the time not just every now and again.
    If it was a TV problem it would affect your equipment like your DVD player or Sky box or games console etc, and would only affect a odd few people.

I am sad to say that its the last Humax I will ever buy! I only get very disappointed the once and then move on. I get no jollies from stating this and am just extremely saddened about the hard drive noise and other flaws

To have a loop through that doesnt work until the unit is powered on is also just crass so I will be back to a splitter.

I will take great pleasure in seeing want other manufacturers have to offer

| Tue 4 Oct 2016 20:16:59 #121 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Minstrel SE - 1 day ago  » 

bill63 - 2 days ago  » 
    Humax is aware of the issue, but it maybe to expensive correct as it could be a design fault in the hardware to put right.
    And as its only an intermitted fault and most people are putting up with it, so they are not bothered as it would cost the £1000's even millions to recall all of them.
    If it was a software problem then they could have easily fix it by now with an update.
    If this was handshake issue then the problem would there all the time not just every now and again.
    If it was a TV problem it would affect your equipment like your DVD player or Sky box or games console etc, and would only affect a odd few people.

I am sad to say that its the last Humax I will ever buy! I only get very disappointed the once and then move on. I get no jollies from stating this and am just extremely saddened about the hard drive noise and other flaws
    To have a loop through that doesnt work until the unit is powered on is also just crass so I will be back to a splitter.

I would suggest you look at the Panasonic which are good solid machines. However, I would also recommend you have a play around with one before purchase as the EPG and UI are pretty dated and clunky (I own one). Their new Freeview Play actually sits on top of the old UI so I doubt that will be a seamless experience.

| Thu 6 Oct 2016 16:25:50 #122 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Faust - 5 hours ago  » 

Minstrel SE - 1 day ago  » 

bill63 - 2 days ago  » 

I would suggest you look at the Panasonic which are good solid machines. However, I would also recommend you have a play around with one before purchase as the EPG and UI are pretty dated and clunky (I own one). Their new Freeview Play actually sits on top of the old UI so I doubt that will be a seamless experience.

I will thanks and a couple of people have suggested issues with other products. This ended up an area where I struggled to make a confident purchase.

I should have heeded the reviews but ended up thinking Humax was a brand I could trust so dismissed them.

I feel thats its a funny area and really I will have to spend more to get the quality I want. I did get the feeling that nobody is making the perfect pvr at this price and I feel misled that £150 buys me anything worth having in this area. I will be looking at what Samsung Sony and Panasonic do.

This time with my eyes open and I will prefer a home trial. However you know that home trials arent really on offer...well yes they are..... people send them back and I should have been wary of how many refurbished Humax units are flooding the market.

This Humax may well still be going back if I can set up some other tests and products. It caught me at an awkward moment when I dont have an HD television tuner to compare signals or another product to compare noise

I actually feel caught out and stuck with it for now

| Thu 6 Oct 2016 21:35:05 #123 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

The sound issue is getting worse. It doesnt matter whether I take it out of standby or from cold, I often have to reboot it twice to get the sound.

I am getting a very cheap HD box in to test my aerial system...(a tenner with youview built in) but it should tell me if the aerial system is working on that PSB 3 band I am still having trouble with. Any other tuner that handles BBC1 HD no problem will show me if the Humax has a faulty tuner

Once I have more evidence this Humax will be winging its way back and I dont want another. I think its no good having half a product working. It should just work without me having to think about issues.

I have also concluded that the hard drive is definately crazy loud and unacceptable. Im only tolerating it while I do more research and try and hear another unit and other models.

Its a shame really because the picture, recording and menu system are superb on the channels I have working. I havent been caught out like this on a product for as long as I can remember

| Sat 15 Oct 2016 12:17:42 #124 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RockySpears

OK I am going to add my sorry saga here too.

Humax DTR-T2000 1TB YouView Recorder, Samsung TV, Sony surround sound.
    When watching recorded movies and ONLY ones recorded, the sound will disappear and come back every couple of minutes. Humax exchanged my device and lo and behold same thing.
    I have now put in a 2nd support email and with any luck will be offered a refund. The unit is the most frustrating I have ever had.
    I've swapped cables, tried the IR sound output, put it through the TV and out to the Sony, direct to the Sony, but no dice. Not really looking for a solution here as 13 pages and a discussion from:

Tue 5 Nov 2013 23:33:37 #1

means it is not fixable, just a very poor unit.
    Additionally the 1st unit would increment the sound every 2-3 seconds all by itself, the new unit changes channel up one every now and then which is most frustrating if you have paused live TV, cos you just lost it.

Looking for a non-Humax replacement if any one can vouch for anything.

RS

| Tue 23 Jun 2020 18:43:29 #125 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

RockySpears - 4 hours ago  » 
    OK I am going to add my sorry saga here too.
    Humax DTR-T2000 1TB YouView Recorder, Samsung TV, Sony surround sound.<

Humax issued an update for this thread's issue over 2 years ago.

Your issue is not the same audio issue and is for a different model.
    This old thread is for the an issue that use to impact the freeview HDR-2000T and HDR-1800T models.

Fortunately for discussion of your youview model this site also has a youview forum.

| Tue 23 Jun 2020 23:07:29 #126 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.