My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Olympic Channel Recordings

(149 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

The link below appears to be the full 6 hours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w2rlr

Check your PM's

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 19:16:55 #41 |
  2. EoE

EoE

Wow, don't think I could be any more disappointed. I just hope a fix is forthcoming soon as there is a ton of stuff I want to record. Been looking forward to this for weeks and weeks.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 21:34:29 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

XBy

So, 24 HD channels dedicated to the Olympics. I can only watch one at a time having been equipped with just the one pair of eyes.

I cannot record any of the 24 dedicated channels nor can I pause or rewind any of them. This seems to be a problem widely acknowledged in the press, and by the BBC but blamed on Humax. However, I can see no mention of the issue on the Humax web site.

It seems from this thread that Humax are "working on it", but need to be cautious to ensure they do not mess anything else up. Perhaps Humax could ask LOCOG if the games could be held up for a few days while they sort the problem out?

Can anyone give an explanation of what the problem is? A "coder" issue I gather, but given my box can show the programmes live, how can a "coder" problem prevent recording, or is it the BBC are transmitting a "this programme cannot be recorded" signal? Do Sky boxes have the same problem? Does Freeview have the same problem?

Any idea when this is going to be sorted?

:rantmode=off:

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 10:58:41 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

XBy - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Can anyone give an explanation of what the problem is?

Try post 20 in this thread which is from a Humax employee.

Any idea when this is going to be sorted?

Try sending Barry a PM (personal messag).

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 11:25:03 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pauljoan

Thanks Barry for link to Men's Road Cycle Race. Currently 2 hours into race but wife getting a bit twitchy so may have to Fast Forward.
    Find the BBC Olympic website very confusing, ok for live stuff but impossible for recorded stuff. Looked for this cycling link everywhere and I do not believe it currently shows up anywhere. Whats the point of this stuff being available but not being sign posted in any way. Why do the Olympic channels not show on IPlayer. Maybe too difficult, but why not have a dedicated webpage (text only)simply listing all the recorded stuff that's available.

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 12:38:22 #45 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tune to channel 150 and press the red button.

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 12:41:19 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pauljoan

Apologies, I have just managed to find the link after a fresh look, spent 10 mins earlier without luck.
    Still think they could make it easier to find recorded stuff.

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 12:41:36 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

XBy

You mean :

"The problem exists because in the way that the stream is being encoded the box cannot build the required PVR indexing correctly. This causes it to get confused and believe the recording is zero in time. "

??

Sadly I have little idea what PVR indexing is, or how the encoding of a programme that the box can demonstrably view could affect the boxes ability to record. In my naivety I assume that there is a "spec" for such things. If there is, and if the broadcast conforms, then I assume the Humax box does not.

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 14:16:03 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

XBy - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Sadly I have little idea what PVR indexing is, or how the encoding of a programme that the box can demonstrably view could affect the boxes ability to record.

You asked for an explanation of the problem and that seems to be the best we have. My reading is that there is something different about the Olympic Freesat streams (but within the specification) and the Humax is confused.

Have you sent Barry a PM?

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 14:28:23 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

TrancePants

On the freesat info channel on the news part theres a bit about the problem on humax fosat hdr's but it states the bug will not be fixed in time. Didnt know if anyone else noticed it ?

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 15:02:24 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.