My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Power Supply Failure?

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew Terry

So this is my first post and this is the story so far....
    I have a PVR 9300T

Turned TV on - PVR frozen
    Switched off and back on, PVR restarted but with no record option. I know this is because it's not seeing the disk properly.
    Power cycled a few more times - still no luck.
    So I opened the box and checked the HDD cables and reseated them. Put the lid back on

Now the unit won't power on at all and the HDD doesn't even spin up

I called Humax who said the HDD had probably failed. But this seemed a bit odd to me as I understand I should be able to use the tuner without the HDD.

So I've attached the HDD to a PC and after some humaxcheck repairs I can access the recording and copy them off. I attach the current humaxcheck report as there are still two errors that don't want to go away.

Next I have tried the HDD in the PVR with a different power cable. Still nothing.

So I am assuming the PSU has failed??
    Can I replace the PSU and if so where do I buy one from?

Any help much appreciated.

Andrew

Attachments

1. humaxcheckreport.txt (0.5 KB, 10 downloads) 10 years old
    | Thu 3 Apr 2014 21:05:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Andrew Terry - 3 hours ago  » 
    So I am assuming the PSU has failed??

Have you actually tried to boot the box with the hard drive disconnected? If it still won't boot up then I agree the most likely cause is power supply damage.

,Can I replace the PSU and if so where do I buy one from?

These people claim to be able to repair them Link to Free-sat-tv

Edit. Sorry meant to add that the humaxcheck report suggests that one of the time shift buffer (0.av) is cross linked with something else. Just delete 0.av. The Humax will recreate it next time it boots.

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 0:22:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew Terry

Hi Martin,

Yes without the HDD the PVR still doesn't power on.
    I've seen a couple of good reports on the repair company so I will send it away.

On the HDD - can I just delete both .av files as I assume the other is related to a recording?

Finally - If I have to buy a new Humax Youview box is there anyway of transferring the saved recordings to it without opening it and invalidating the warranty?

Thanks

Andrew

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 9:57:01 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Andrew Terry - 1 hour ago <a href="http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/power-supply-failure#post-
    On the HDD - can I just delete both .av files as I assume the other is related to a recording?

If you delete the buffer (0.ts) the cross linking problem will go away. When you get the box working again you can then see if the other recording is playable and decide whether or not to delete it.

Finally - If I have to buy a new Humax Youview box is there anyway of transferring the saved recordings to it without opening it and invalidating the warranty?

My advice would be to avoid the Youview box and get an HDR-2000T or an HDR-FOX T2. You can certainly transfer recordings from a 9300 to either of those via a USB drive. You just need the .ts file from the 9300; the other associated files are not needed.

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 11:26:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew Terry

Hi Martin

Thanks for your help

What command do I need to use to delete the 0.av file? I can't seem to work this out. And is it a 0.av or 0.ts that I'm trying to delete?

On the HDR-2000T are you saying you can copy recordings from USB to the units HDD without taking the unit apart? That would be good.

Andrew

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 13:02:24 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Andrew Terry - 42 minutes ago  » 
    What command do I need to use to delete the 0.av file? I can't seem to work this out. And is it a 0.av or 0.ts that I'm trying to delete?

Sorry I hadn't thought about it. humaxrw -D will do it.

On the HDR-2000T are you saying you can copy recordings from USB to the units HDD without taking the unit apart?

Yes on both the HDR-2000T and the HDR-FOX T2 you can copy recordings to and from the internal hard drive to attached USB storage. All recordings are encrypted but copying SD recordings to USB removes the encryption. The HDR-FOX T2 also has a custom firmware which works along side the Humax firmware to extend the capabilities in all sorts of ways. The custom firmware may appear on the HDR-2000T in the future but that isn't certain and currently there is no timescale.

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 13:54:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew Terry

If I try humaxrw 1: -d 0 I get "Invalid range"

I have used humaxrw 1: -d 262 to delete the recording at 262, but the cross linked blocks in 262.av are still reported.

Thanks

Andrew

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 15:06:47 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Andrew Terry - 41 minutes ago  » 
    If I try humaxrw 1: -d 0 I get "Invalid range"

No I said use -D (capital) ie humaxrw 1: -D

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 15:48:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew Terry

Oops sorry.

I've done that and now I have a completely clean disk.

All I need now is a working PSU

Thanks for your help

Andrew

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 16:44:57 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andrew Terry

So the PSU is back and working - a great service.

I have rebuilt the box and formatted the drive.

Using -p to put the files back I get the message "Oldname _RECORD_LIST_ does not exist" as the copy function starts, the same as this post:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humaxrw-error-when-restoring-files

Any ideas on this error and if it will prevent the recordings from being accessible?

Many Thanks

Andrew

| Fri 11 Apr 2014 12:04:07 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.