My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

PVR-9300T Software Updates

(61 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Steve983

Thanks for the comments. Biggles, sorry, please could you provide a link for your manual search instructions as I'm not sure where to find them.

Also, I still don't see any 800 channels anywhere. What am I missing or where should I look?

My aerial is plugged into the 9300 first then goes to the tv.

I have the same issue with the Freeview tuner in my tv, re Sky News and Dave, one minute they're there and the next minute they are gone.

I switched the Humax to the Sky News channels yesterday, the picture was cracking up so I went to Signal Detection and the Signal strength was continually bouncing between 64% and 9%. I think that's what they call variable.

I agree the guy at Humax sounded like it was his first day on the job, maybe he had just come from Digital UK!

If I'm missing anything re manual tuning I'll give that another go, thanks again
    Steve

| Wed 18 Feb 2015 14:16:28 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Steve983 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Biggles, sorry, please could you provide a link for your manual search instructions as I'm not sure where to find them.

Like lots of ther useful information they are linked in the FAQ section of the Forum see Link to Biggles Manual Tuning FAQ

| Wed 18 Feb 2015 15:22:37 #22 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Steve983 - 58 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the comments. Biggles, sorry, please could you provide a link for your manual search instructions as I'm not sure where to find them.
    Also, I still don't see any 800 channels anywhere. What am I missing or where should I look?
    My aerial is plugged into the 9300 first then goes to the tv.
    I have the same issue with the Freeview tuner in my tv, re Sky News and Dave, one minute they're there and the next minute they are gone.
    I switched the Humax to the Sky News channels yesterday, the picture was cracking up so I went to Signal Detection and the Signal strength was continually bouncing between 64% and 9%. I think that's what they call variable.
    I agree the guy at Humax sounded like it was his first day on the job, maybe he had just come from Digital UK!
    If I'm missing anything re manual tuning I'll give that another go, thanks again
    Steve

The link to my Manual Search instructions is in Martin's post #4 of this thread. To check for duplicate channels from a second transmitter (which are put at channel numbers 800 onwards) simply type 800 on your remote and see if it takes you to a TV channel. Alternatively bring up the guide (EPG) and scroll up from channel 1 (BBC1) and see what channels you have in the high numbers. The plan is not to have any channels in the 800 range so if you've not got any then good. A Manual Search using my instruction will not produce any 800s channels.

You have now said you have the same channel problems on your TV so surely that must eliminate the 9300 as being at fault. I don't like the way your signal strength is varying so much, no idea at this point as to why.

| Wed 18 Feb 2015 15:32:09 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Steve983

Thanks again Biggles, I just knew that link was hiding in plain site! I do not have any 800 numbers. Anyway,yes I did the last manual retune as per your instructions but still had the starting late/ending early problem. I can only assume that the variable signals at my end perhaps cause the AR times to waver?

| Wed 18 Feb 2015 18:26:23 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Steve983 - 41 minutes ago  » 
    I can only assume that the variable signals at my end perhaps cause the AR times to waver?

Can you estimate how much is cut off start and/or end of recordings?

| Wed 18 Feb 2015 19:09:13 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Steve983

^ I suppose its only 1-2 minutes but that is quite critical at the end of a programme. Another thing I've noticed is when I get the whole programme or film but when the credits roll the playback starts skipping/jumping - its as if it doesn't know whether to switch off or not...

Thanks for your continued interest in my ongoing saga!

| Wed 18 Feb 2015 19:36:40 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

have you done a factory reset 'default setting' and let it auto tune to see if you have any 800 channels?

There's a bit about Rowridge bad reception here:
    http://www.a516digital.com/2014/05/fine-weather-bad-reception-from.html

Which programmes/channels does the AR not work on, i.e. starting late/ending early

I find the EPG gets populated quicker when I choose the channel from the EPG and watch it for a few minutes, it shouldn't take hours, 5 - 10 minutes at most.

Try a defualt setting with auto tune and check for duplicates in the 800's, I'm not 100% sure the manual tune is picking up the correct channels, having 800's/duplicates after an auto tune will prove whether you need to manually tune or not. Also let us know if the aerial is horizontal or vertical, the likes of Dave/SkyNews are on a lower horizontal power compared to vertical.

My advice, 'default setting' auto tune and get back to us. I've a feeling the problems are a horizontal aerial compounded by the manual tune.

| Thu 19 Feb 2015 5:34:52 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

damian - 2 hours ago  » I find the EPG gets populated quicker when I choose the channel from the EPG and watch it for a few minutes, it shouldn't take hours, 5 - 10 minutes at most.

Damian, Steve983 has a 9300T and was referring to the time for a full epg poulation, not just one mux. Prior to the software update that cashed the epg to disk the 9000T models used to take 9 minutes (i.e. 2 full epg transmissions) to populate the full epg from scratch. As the population of the 9000T series epg appeared to be slowing down the response of the remote, Humax slowed down the population further to mitigate its impact and at the same time implemented epg cashing when the 9000T series PVRs are placed in standby.

| Thu 19 Feb 2015 8:45:51 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Steve983

I get the same problems whether I use manual or auto tune but its intermittent. Sometimes I can go for months without any problems and then it starts acting up again like recently.

I'd say the worst channels for starting late/ending early is BBC2. A good example is Top Gear shown on Sunday evening at 8pm, if I record that the end always gets cut off. However, if I record the repeat on Monday evenings at 7pm I get the whole programme. This always happens, not only the current series but previous series too. Makes no sense.

| Thu 19 Feb 2015 10:16:42 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Steve983 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I'd say the worst channels for starting late/ending early is BBC2. A good example is Top Gear shown on Sunday evening at 8pm, if I record that the end always gets cut off.

Do you have recordings on other channels starting immediately after Top Gear?

| Thu 19 Feb 2015 10:33:52 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.