My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

srussell83

FenderBender - 53 minutes ago  » 

srussell83 - 1 minute ago  » 
    sorry but i have had a look at these updates and i really dont understand it all what is it? what do i do when its my sets time???

Leave your box in standby overnight and it should update automatically at 4am. That is the default time that your unit will be set to check for OTA updates.

thank you

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 0:32:09 #101 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

challenged

Barry - 8 minutes ago  » 
    after entering the default of 0000(four zeros) on pressing the fourth zero you should be presented with a new menu.

This is where I stick since I don't get the next menu so that I can do the update. I've cycled to the menu screen and then used the PVR control to put it into standby in the hope that 4am sorts things.

(I can't do the manual update way as you showed in the OAD file you put up since I can't get to BBC1 - I'm stuck on 26)

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 0:40:34 #102 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

erk

Have not seen what you appear to be experiencing reported before, I don't know if any of our other members have?

This (freezing while I was typing the installation code) happened to me. I think the solution is to unlug the aerial. Thus:

1. Unplug aerial
    2. Switch on
    3. Use menu to set automatic update (and an appropriate time if necessary)
    4. Exit menu
    5. Place in standby
    6. Plug in aerial
    7. Wait for the automatic update

Great work Barry - I hope you weren't planning a quiet night!

Ross Kavanagh

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 0:41:25 #103 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

@challenged

You should be able to change channel once you have power cycled, press 1 immediately a picture appears and it should change to BBC1.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 0:42:59 #104 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

bigmike20vt - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Pretty dissapointed with humax to be honest.
    Good info on this forum however thanks

Pretty unfair to blame Humax really, if the box had its software update setting left as Humax supplied it then the box would have updated each time new software was transmitted. The necessity to have the box in STANDBY at the Auto Update time (4am by default) is clearly stated in the manual under an 'Important' banner.

Important: In order to receive Software Updates Automatically you must have the product in Standby mode at the time of the Regular Auto Update.

While you might argue that Humax should have foreseen this problem, although we don't know what the communication is like between those who make the changes and the manufacturers, it seems that Humax have pulled out all the stops to try and get all machines updated.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 0:44:02 #105 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

erk - 2 minutes ago  » 

Have not seen what you appear to be experiencing reported before, I don't know if any of our other members have?

This (freezing while I was typing the installation code) happened to me. I think the solution is to unlug the aerial. Thus:
    1. Unplug aerial
    2. Switch on
    3. Use menu to set automatic update (and an appropriate time if necessary)
    4. Exit menu
    5. Place in standby
    6. Plug in aerial
    7. Wait for the automatic update
    Great work Barry - I hope you weren't planning a quiet night!
    Ross Kavanagh

Thanks for that Ross.

Of course taking the aerial out will assist, I should have thought of that, but my units took a good minute to lock up, so I could access the menus at will.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 0:46:06 #106 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

challenged

Barry - finally managed it. Erk's aerial removal solution to the freezing at 0000 worked for me and I was able to access the manual update section and do it. I have now also been into the autoupdate section and set it to a sensible time instead of silly o'clock. Many thanks for all your help and patience.
    Challenged.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 1:08:31 #107 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

challenged - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Barry - finally managed it. Erk's aerial removal solution to the freezing at 0000 worked for me and I was able to access the manual update section and do it. I have now also been into the autoupdate section and set it to a sensible time instead of silly o'clock. Many thanks for all your help and patience.
    Challenged.

4am (the default auto update time) isn't that silly really, at that time most boxes are in the required STANDBY mode and also there is less likelihood of local interference, traffic etc., which might corrupt the update.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 1:13:58 #108 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

blackpudding

srussell83 - 2 hours ago  » 

blackpudding - 1 minute ago  » 

wheatey - 10 hours ago  » 
    My remote has suddenly stopped working. If I turn the box off and on again the remote works for a couple of minutes and then dies again. Help!!!

Thank goodness for this forum. I have had the same trouble all day with my 9300, remote works for a few minutes and then everything stopped responding including the manual buttons. I eventually found this forum with the advice to download the latest software and hey-presto everything is fine now. The trick is to power off completely, switch back on and immediately go to the menu, before the remote gives up, and select the software update.

my remote is completely not working, only the buttons on the box are but for only about a minute until it freezes and can not enter in the password as there are no numbers...... what do i do for the password?

Password is 0000

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 1:44:42 #109 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Post removed.

| Thu 15 Dec 2011 1:59:49 #110 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.