My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

davidwms - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Hi again Barry
    Thanks for your quick reply,i have just been told by another engineer the download is happening from 10 AM tommorrow,is this correct?, i presume all that has to be done is to put the box into stby and wait a while.
    regards
    David

Hi David

See my previous post for link to an up to date list of the OTA's - Humax have booked as many slots as they can.

Units left in standby overnight should update automatically, otherwise an update can be 'forced' via Menu, Installation, default password is 0000 (four zero's) Software Update.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 18:29:28 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

For members of this forum I have attached a pdf doc that you can download detailing the update procedures

Attachments

1. OAD_Software_update_9150_9200_9300.pdf (249.9 KB, 131 downloads) 12 years old
    | Wed 14 Dec 2011 18:41:55 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

modehead

Excellent, this problem starred this morning for me, and this solution seems to have solved it completely! I was on my way to buy a new box tomorrow as Humax "representatives" told me it was shafted!

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 19:22:40 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

erk

Thanks for all the information in this thread.

My 9150 stopped working this morning. It was on S/W version 1.00.18 (automatic updates off). I have updated it to 1.00.26 and this seems to have fixed the problem.

The PVR did not crash with the aerial unplugged, so the problem may be some new format of the broadcast signal that the old software can't cope with. It would be nice to know what really went on.

Since the fault seems to crash the processor, will any affected PVRs pick up the OTA updates?

Ross Kavanagh

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 19:25:02 #14 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Some changes were made to the UK DTT platform yesterday that appears to have caused this hiccup with units on older software.

Units left in standby should still be able to update overnight I suspect, but I will check this out with a 9300 overnight to be sure.

I have just read a report elsewhere that suggests you cannot update as user cannot access the menus. Power cycle, and immediately press menu button when picture appears should allow users to update, I did this earlier after tests on earlier software.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 19:29:29 #15 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

modehead - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Excellent, this problem starred this morning for me, and this solution seems to have solved it completely! I was on my way to buy a new box tomorrow as Humax "representatives" told me it was shafted!

Welcome to the Forum

Glad to hear we have helped.

In fairness to the 'representative' once the reports started coming in, it took a little while to determine what was amiss. As I stated earlier, am amazed at the amount of owners who have not updated software for one reason or another.

Humax Towers have also pulled the stops out to get the OTA schedule re-arranged for 24hour turn around on their software.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 19:49:23 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

highdebate

Hi Barry

My 9150T - is stuck on software 1.00.18

I have tried the automatic update of new software but it comes back with no new software found.

The regular auto-updater is enabled.

Am I stuck on the one channel (without unplugging the whole thing)until the new software release tomorrow sometime?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 20:04:20 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

I am afraid that is the bottom line at the moment.

I have been tinkering throughout the afternoon trying to find a work around, but no joy.

As you have realised software for 9150 is not currently on air but back on tomorrow after 10am.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 20:07:14 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Squareeyes

My 9300T started freezing today. I've updated to latest software (fortunately on air half an hour ago) and unit is now back to normal. Must say, in response to previous comments, that my Humax is on 24/7 but did not update the software!!

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 20:42:59 #19 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Squareeyes - 1 minute ago  » 
    My 9300T started freezing today. I've updated to latest software (fortunately on air half an hour ago) and unit is now back to normal.

Welcome to our Forum

Reason yours did not update as per your edit, it is on 24/7. Unit needs to be in standby overnight to pick up OTA when broadcast.

I have had 9150/9200/9300 latest software versions on throughout the afternoon without issue.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 20:46:27 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.