My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

GeoffT - 1 hour ago  » 
    So what is the 1.02.26 mentioned in the Humax email?

What 1.02.26? There is no such version for the 9150/9300. 1.00.26 has been around for a while but because some people either leave the box on all the time or switch it off at the mains when not in use, they do not receive the software updates.

| Thu 29 Dec 2011 15:14:56 #231 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GeoffT

| Thu 29 Dec 2011 17:03:46 #232 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GeoffT

Please see attached email from Humax

| Thu 29 Dec 2011 17:06:35 #233 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Ok I have gone back and looked at the last email from Humax and you are correct that it refers to 1.02.26 but this is an unfortunate error. If you look at http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php you will see that what was actually broadcast this week was 1.00.26.

| Thu 29 Dec 2011 22:35:41 #234 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

brig001

brig001 - 5 days ago  » 
    I'll force a manual OTA update on the 27th.

Just to update this: after a bit of faffing about - the box would only stay on for a few seconds with the aerial plugged in. I unplugged the aerial, switched on, selected manual update, then plugged the aerial lead back in - all is now well. Thanks for all the help.
    Brian.

| Fri 30 Dec 2011 12:26:08 #235 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

MuggeMax

I'm a bit late coming into this "remote not working" issue, but I had a problem this evening and started to read through the very long thread. After a while I discovered that the only thing that was wrong was that I hadn't pressed the PVR button on the remote, which is why the Humax wasn't picking up the signal

Perhaps this is helpful for some: make sure that when you have the remote switched on you press PVR (first white button on the top) before you press anything else. If the Humax is switched off then switch it on manually and then use the remote.

| Fri 30 Dec 2011 22:13:40 #236 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MuggeMax - 39 minutes ago  » 
    After a while I discovered that the only thing that was wrong was that I hadn't pressed the PVR button on the remote, which is why the Humax wasn't picking up the signal

This thread is about the SD models (9200, 9150, 9300) and none of those have a PVR button. I suspect you have one of the HD models.

| Fri 30 Dec 2011 22:54:32 #237 |
  8. Tembo11

Tembo11

My parents 9300T did the same freezing trick during the 28th after it's 04:00 software update check. It's in Cheshire manually tuned to the Winter Hill Mux's. It had done the same thing around the 14th Dec as well when Humax did something none to clever with an update

what eventually seems to have solved the problem was to clear down all the channels, do an auto search, clear them all down again and then redo a manual search for the Winter Hill Mux's

As at Saturday night all appears OK still despite the checks for software updates at 04:00 Fri & Sat. I'm not certain which software version it's now operating on but am certain it was only ".15" after I had done the channel searches

Richard

| Sun 1 Jan 2012 16:38:23 #238 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

More repeat OTA's of the latest are being broadcast this week.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php

| Tue 3 Jan 2012 17:22:46 #239 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

sunnysue

Hi. I just wanted to send a big thank you for this info. I have had the same problem. In fact I have had it twice lol. My first Humax box would not work after a min. I didn't bother looking online for help. I thought the box had died. As I love that box so much I decided to buy another of the same model. Imagine my horror when the new box did exactly the same thing. That made me think it was too much of a coincidence. So I hunted on here for an answer. And you guys came to the rescue. I've updated the software, and everything is good. Thank you soooo much. I now have 2 working boxes. ;0)

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 13:27:08 #240 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.