My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

redfeffer - 1 minute ago  » 
    I think it may well be a cable problem. If I buy a new one off Amazon/ebay

Definitely not. It must be a "Null modem" cable. This is an example of the right type of cable: Ebay null modem cable

| Fri 27 Jan 2012 18:24:25 #301 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trisha07

i would like to thank you for this forum - a couple of months ago my Humax warranty expired and i was ready to dispose my Humax when i came across this site - carried out a system update as described and its working fine, fingers crossed it was continue to work

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 18:07:02 #302 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Trisha

Glad to hear we helped.

| Mon 20 Feb 2012 19:21:19 #303 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

sallyann16

We has this same problem and then discovered it was because we had kept our Humax on power-saving mode, and not just straight forward Sleep mode.
    Once we took it off power-saving mode, we didn't have to re-set the machine at all again.

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 17:21:26 #304 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

sofemma

Hi, I found this site by accident more or less, convinced that we had a problem with our Humax machine, it was always not responding to the remote after a short time, did all the usual things, batteries etc;
    Then from this site I learned about updating the software automaticly, did all the things as described on this forum, checked when the update would be downloading in our area, and BINGO! it worked, next morning a message on the screen to say the software had been updated.
    Problem solved.
    Brilliant, thank you very much.
    This site is now in my favourites, there is bound to be more information we will need in the future.

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 20:39:38 #305 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trisha07

Trisha07 - 3 days ago  » 
    i would like to thank you for this forum - a couple of months ago my Humax warranty expired and i was ready to dispose my Humax when i came across this site - carried out a system update as described and its working fine, fingers crossed it was continue to work

I think i may have spoken to soon, my humax is still plyaing up im not sure if its my own fault - a notice appeared on my screen

[/center]notice
    over the air software update - successful
    you have recieved a software update on your product. to find out the new features and to download the new manual please vist
    "www.humaxdigital.co.uk/update"

we recommend that you carry out a default settings via the product's installation menu"

so i did this and it seemed fine, however a few hours later it started crashing with the error message - Hard Disc Error and kept switching off and rebooting itself back on again and continued to do this every 5mins. I now have the inital problem of not being able to press buttons on my remote or the unit and it doesnt give me enough time to try and do another software update as it just freezes.
    when i first updated the software and defaulted the setting was i supposed to search for the update again? please help as this is very frustrating. I know the next update is next wed 22nd Feb what can i do differently to help fix this prob.

Trish x.

| Thu 23 Feb 2012 23:54:41 #306 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Trisha07 - 27 minutes ago  » 
    so i did this and it seemed fine, however a few hours later it started crashing with the error message - Hard Disc Error and kept switching off and rebooting itself back on again and continued to do this every 5mins. I now have the inital problem of not being able to press buttons on my remote or the unit and it doesnt give me enough time to try and do another software update as it just freezes.
    when i first updated the software and defaulted the setting was i supposed to search for the update again?

No; the update will not be affected by carrying out a default settings. I would try another reset to default settings but you may have a hardware problem that will not be foxable without replacing something (possibly the hard disk). Let us know what happens after the new default settings.

| Fri 24 Feb 2012 0:25:41 #307 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trisha07

Martin Liddle - 23 hours ago  » 

Trisha07 - 27 minutes ago  » 
    when i first updated the software and defaulted the setting was i supposed to search for the update again?

No; the update will not be affected by carrying out a default settings. I would try another reset to default settings but you may have a hardware problem that will not be foxable without replacing something (possibly the hard disk). Let us know what happens after the new default settings.

Hi Martin,

Thank You for the promt response - well i carried out another default setting and it only worked for an hour then the unit has froze again - i think your right about the hard drive, will this be expensive to replace and does anyone know where to get them from, i think i might consider buying another one instead if the hard drives roo expensive

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 0:18:10 #308 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Trisha07 - 14 minutes ago  » 
    well i carried out another default setting and it only worked for an hour then the unit has froze again - i think your right about the hard drive, will this be expensive to replace and does anyone know where to get them from,

I don't think you have said what model of Humax you own and the answer is model dependant.

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 0:34:27 #309 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trisha07

Sorry i didn't provide this information

I have the Humax PVR 9150T - 160GB Digital TV Recorder Twin Tuner

Hardware version - REV 1.0
    Software Version - HPTTF 1.00.26
    Loader Version - a 4.38
    System ID - 3024.0000

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 0:52:18 #310 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »