My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Trisha07 - 17 hours ago  » 
    I have the Humax PVR 9150T - 160GB Digital TV Recorder Twin Tuner

A suitable disk drive is the Western Digital Caviar AV WD1600AVJS. Unfortunately these are currently expensive because of the floods in Thailand where they are made. Typical cost for a new one is currently about £65 to £70 but I would expect that to halve in three months time. However there is an eBay seller offering drives that he claims are essentially new for £39.90 with free delivery see Link to eBay

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 18:55:22 #311 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=97103

£49.95 from Humax Direct.

However how long have you had the unit (I know you stated warranty expired in an earlier post)

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 19:06:10 #312 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Trisha07

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 
    http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=97103
    £49.95 from Humax Direct.
    However how long have you had the unit (I know you stated warranty expired in an earlier post)

I have had my humax over a year and it was a re-conditioned one so i didnt spend too much on it, I think im going to hold out until i can save some money for a new one. Thank you Barry and Martin for how helpful you have both been, there are not many nice people out there willing you help and it is much appreciated. this is a great site. Thanks Again.

Trish x.

| Sat 25 Feb 2012 20:38:49 #313 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Designer Rick

The topic is remote control stopped working, however the subject being talked about is software updates and replacement drives.

We have a foxsat hdr it has the most recent updates we can find, ie loader Version 7.54 os version 17.

Our remote does not work with the pvr, but is fine with the tv and DVD. If someone suggests removing the batteries I will scream. Is there a solution? It does seem to be a very common problem.

Thanks

Rick

| Wed 28 Mar 2012 22:40:12 #314 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Designer Rick - 30 minutes ago  » 
    The topic is remote control stopped working, however the subject being talked about is software updates and replacement drives.
    We have a foxsat hdr it has the most recent updates we can find, ie loader Version 7.54 os version 17.
    Our remote does not work with the pvr, but is fine with the tv and DVD. If someone suggests removing the batteries I will scream. Is there a solution? It does seem to be a very common problem.
    Thanks
    Rick

See the following threads for a couple of ideas
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/foxsat-hdr-no-longer-working

BTW You have posted your query in a thread about some old humax freeview recorders.

| Wed 28 Mar 2012 23:15:05 #315 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Designer Rick

Luke - 22 hours ago  » 

Designer Rick - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum I searched for humax remote failing to respond and found so many replies I did not realise I had to be specific about the model. With respect all the suggestions are about resetting or upgrading. This is as lame as Microsoft telling you to reboot the pc when windows crashes. The system has worked for more than a year, the remote still works with other products, so why does it need to be reset? I am a bios level firmware developer who works independently for intel, IBM and dell on chip level software. I design electronic products as my day job, A couple of years ago i even designed a product that watched for ir transmissions and spoke the commands as a blind aid. Let me tell you this... There are hundreds, thousands of people with faulty products and humax are fobbing people off with if it stops working,
    reboot it. I'll work out what is wrong and get back to you.

Rick

See the following threads for a couple of ideas
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/multi-code-function-hdhdr-remote-1
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/foxsat-hdr-no-longer-working
    BTW You have posted your query in a thread about some old humax freeview recorders.

| Thu 29 Mar 2012 22:12:05 #316 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Designer Rick

I have diagnosed the remote control problem. The actual fault is that there is a stress fracture on the positive terminal of c1 (470uf@10v) capacitor. The root cause is the thickness of the copper used on the single sided pth pcb is too thin to cope with the weight of the capacitor. A simple fix would be to secure the component at time of manufacture with hot melt glue

I have repaired this track, and my wife confirms it is working like new. The symptom of crashing is due to the humax transmission being so long, the tv and DVD were half the length. The resiviour capacitor prevents the transients caused by the load and unload of the ir transmission led. By telling people to remove batteries and reset the remote you are mearly covering up the fact the remote processor is crashing. I suspect the volume of rework of remotes is why the "reset" option is so strongly promoted. I own and run a small electronics manufacturing company no where near the size of humax, however I have been involved with computer manufacturing since the mid 90's and know a cover up when I see one!

| Fri 30 Mar 2012 20:59:03 #317 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveM

I have the same problem with my 9300T.

For a number of months now, I have an issue every Wednesday at 10am when the clock on the front panel stops and I'm unable to change channels. This state of affairs persists until 10.00am on Thursday morning when the clock magically starts working, and the unit begins to operate normally again.

To add to my annoyance, the unit (when working Thursday through Tuesday!) has recently started to be sometimes very sluggish from the remote control. For example, there's a delay between pressing the 'Guide' button, and actually getting the program guide on screen. Same goes for channel number selections. I stress - this particular fault happens only occasionally, perhaps two or three times a day, and then only for a few minutes. Switching the unit off then on does not solve this.

Quite why my unit has started to behave this way is a mystery to me. Perhaps it's to do with freeview changes? But it never did this when I bought the unit two years ago, and I've never had a firmware update so the software hasn't changed. I tried manually tuning to Crystal Palace channels which hasn't helped.

Still - I'm intending to update on the next firmware update beginning 27 April, so fingers crossed. Will let you know how I get on.

Dave

| Wed 18 Apr 2012 22:02:38 #318 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

wypika

Barry - 4 months ago  » 

fredoyster - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I have tried updating via null modem cable and flash9200 I get it starting and then reporting "waiting for 2" and an error code on the screen of E-UT
    My system ID shows as 4847.5a7d
    Update date jan 13 2010
    software version 1.00.19
    Now what have I done wrong??

Your sys id is corrupt, and you will have to upload/fix that first.
    If you send me a private message with an email address I can send the file you need or I can send it to the email addy you registered with, your call.

I have the same issue - my system I'd is corrupt currently showing 8b92.a1ae on my 9300T. Is it possible you could send me the file also?

| Fri 11 May 2012 23:04:39 #319 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I have the same issue - my system I'd is corrupt currently showing 8b92.a1ae on my 9300T. Is it possible you could send me the file also?

Welcome to the Forum

Please check your private messages.

Later Edit: Problem resolved after uploading correct sys id

| Sat 12 May 2012 7:53:35 #320 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.