My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

theberes

Hi Barry,

I have just registered here after seeing this thread. I am getting the same E-UT error message so also have the corrupt system id problem.

Could you please email me the required file for the PVR-9300T ?

Many thanks.

Beres

| Fri 18 May 2012 18:36:18 #321 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Beres

File sent to the email address you registered with.

| Fri 18 May 2012 19:49:09 #322 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

daughter

I have just registered on behalf of my dad. His unit stopped responding to the remote control on 26th April; he carried out the full retuning recommended for digital switchover. He understands that the problem could be due to the automatic updating but he is very frustrated that despite an email from Karl Harrison promising to investigate he has heard nothing. Following the feeds, it seems that Humax are not doing anything for their customers.

What do people advise?

| Thu 31 May 2012 0:43:34 #323 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

From what you have said it will be difficult for Humax to analyse the problem. Did you give them any other details?

Which model of Humax does your dad have?

When you describe the remote as not working does it work at all? Is the issue intermittent?

When the Humax is not responding to the remote does it respond to the buttons on the front? If it is a 9150T or a 9300T then there is a flap on the front left that swings down to reveal some of the same buttons that are on the remote.

The original issue on this feed was with a modification of the signal being broadcast. Your dad’s issue probably is not the same as others would also be posting today with the same issue. But which transmitter does your dad receive his TV from? If you don’t know then reporting which town he lives in would narrow down the possibilities of likely transmitters. My guess is that your dad was retuning so that he could pick up additional channels from Midhurst - is that correct?

Because you mentioned ‘automatic updating’ it sounds as though Humax did not think that the Humax’s software was up to date. Was it something you said that made them think that?

| Thu 31 May 2012 20:11:22 #324 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sandy

I've had a problem with my Humax 9150t for some time - thought it was the remote but wasn't sure - and today paid a repair guy £60 just to tell me to contact Humax. Nice work if you can get it! I always leave mine on standby, but it appears it's never updated anything. I've tried to download the update manually using the plate on the front of the Humax, but because the handset doesn't work I can't plug in the default code 0000, so I grind to a halt. Any ideas how to put in the default code without using the handset?
    Thanks

| Wed 25 Jul 2012 18:16:18 #325 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Sandy.

Do you happen to know what version of software is on the unit?

| Wed 25 Jul 2012 19:44:58 #326 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

laura

Hi. I have had my pvr 9150t for afew weeks and it is regularly freezing up and not responding. This happens for about 2 days a week.
    I can see from previous posts that it may need a software update,but when will the next one be available as I keep going into software updates and it says 'no new software updates found'.
    Hope you can help!!

| Thu 2 Aug 2012 18:38:52 #327 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Laura

There are no freeview OTA software updates presently due to Olympics.

What version does your unit have on board?

| Thu 2 Aug 2012 21:42:24 #328 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

laura

Thanks for replying Barry!
    My s/w version is hpt tf 1.00.18.
    And the last update is dated Jan 13 2010.

| Fri 10 Aug 2012 14:15:07 #329 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

laura - 1 hour ago  » 
    My s/w version is hpt tf 1.00.18.
    And the last update is dated Jan 13 2010.

OK so your problems are due to the software version; you definitely need a software update. Your options are to wait for the next OTA broadcast or to spend a few pounds on an adapter and cables and update from a PC see Link to flash9200

| Fri 10 Aug 2012 15:37:56 #330 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.