My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hughie

hughie - 24 minutes ago  » 

hughie - 7 minutes ago  » 
    yawn .. i'm still on v12 from 2008. it's been on standby too.
    i've done manual and auto updates .. i get 'no new software not found' or whatever the message is ..
    Hughie

so i didn't miss the software transmission .. what happened ?
    hughie

.. so, just discovered that my sysid is 0000.0000 and it should be 3023.0000.

i gather there is a utility to solve this from Humax. anyone know? thx hughie

| Fri 16 Dec 2011 12:11:09 #181 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Pixel Lad - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have installed a lot of Humax box's for friends/family etc. Some are new retail units and some are the A Grade ones direct from Humax.

Welcome to our Forum

Re your problem of boxes not updating - tis a strange one. The only reasons I have come across before are not transmitted from certain transmitters, but this is not common, and of course as has been mentioned a few times throughout the thread the system id becoming corrupted.

| Fri 16 Dec 2011 12:36:20 #182 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

hughie - 25 minutes ago  » 

i've done manual and auto updates .. i get 'no new software not found' or whatever the message is ..
    Hughie

hughie

The only way of fixing the sys id corruption is an upload from PC, if you have the necessary cables, (I can provide the file required) or swap out with Humax.

| Fri 16 Dec 2011 12:37:49 #183 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

hughie

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

Hughie

hughie

The only way of fixing the sys id corruption is an upload from PC, if you have the necessary cables, (I can provide the file required) or swap out with Humax.

Many thx .. I'll try with PC ..

| Fri 16 Dec 2011 14:15:46 #184 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jennynoo

Please help, I had this problem with the remote that stopped working so I emailed Humax on Thursday and they informed me of the updates so when I got home I did a manual update and everything started working ok but the next day we can't get anything from the humax on the tele, it just says no signal so I can't even go to the menu to do an update.

I realise now that our software hadn't update for ages as we always switch everything off at the plug every night but everything was left connected up last night until about 9:30am when we had to disconnect the areal so we could watch through the tele. I've reconnected it now and put it in standby (with the red light on) do I just have to wait and hope it will update eventually or is there anything I can do?

| Sat 17 Dec 2011 13:00:15 #185 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jennynoo - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Please help, I had this problem with the remote that stopped working so I emailed Humax on Thursday and they informed me of the updates so when I got home I did a manual update and everything started working ok but the next day we can't get anything from the humax on the tele, it just says no signal so I can't even go to the menu to do an update.
    I realise now that our software hadn't update for ages as we always switch everything off at the plug every night but everything was left connected up last night until about 9:30am when we had to disconnect the areal so we could watch through the tele. I've reconnected it now and put it in standby (with the red light on) do I just have to wait and hope it will update eventually or is there anything I can do?

Why did you have to disconnect the aerial ?. You should connect the box aerial out to the TV and turn off power saving in sby.

Connected like this can you boot the box or not. If not power off remove the aerial and try to boot the box. Can you report what happens.

| Sat 17 Dec 2011 13:09:35 #186 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jennynoo

grahamlthompson - 8 minutes ago  » 

Why did you have to disconnect the aerial ?. You should connect the box aerial out to the TV and turn off power saving in sby.
    Connected like this can you boot the box or not. If not power off remove the aerial and try to boot the box. Can you report what happens.

We switched the aerial to the tv to get a better signal on the tv but with it back in the humax the tv says no signal. I tried powering everything off, removing the aerial and booting the box, I get a green light on standby and tv on the box but the tv still says 'no signal.' I'm sure it's all connect properly as it worked on Thursday and tv source is on ext2 which it usually is on.

| Sat 17 Dec 2011 13:22:12 #187 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jennynoo

Jennynoo - 2 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 8 minutes ago  » 

We switched the aerial to the tv to get a better signal on the tv but with it back in the humax the tv says no signal. I tried powering everything off, removing the aerial and booting the box, I get a green light on standby and tv on the box but the tv still says 'no signal.' I'm sure it's all connect properly as it worked on Thursday and tv source is on ext2 which it usually is on.

Argh, I was writing that thinking there must be something we connected wrong and there way, we had missed the scart lead. Sorry to waste your time.

| Sat 17 Dec 2011 13:25:36 #188 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

To get the aerial through the box with it in sby you just need to turn off the power saving in sby option in the menus. Constantly swapping the aerial is not a good idea. In fact the signal on the TV should be slightly better as the box has a small gain rf amplifier.

| Sat 17 Dec 2011 13:32:32 #189 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterRushton

Barry - 3 days ago  » 

Hughie

hughie

My Humax 9300T, bought over 3 years ago, also has this problem. The last update my system managed to accept was ver. 1.00.12 back in October 2008 (the update to stop the fan from running all the time) and ever since then my system ID has been corrupt, showing the value of 0000.0000. This seems to be the cause of blocking any further OTA updates and PC updates. My system is currently being very unpredictable. Humax support won't respond to my emails, merely sending out a 'Form Enail' reply outlining the standard update procedure.

From reading various posts on the forums it seems that I have 3 choices:

1. Scrap this piece of junk and get something reliable (Don't want to do this as I do like the Humax really when it works!)
    2. Return to Humax for 're-programming' which I refuse to do unless its for free as it was a Humax update that has compromised my system, or
    3. Spend even more of my time sorting this out.

Realisticaly Option 3 is the way I'll go for now so can anyone on this foruim tell me how to reset the system ID so I can re-program via PC to get my system software up to date once and for all? Presumably at that point it will keep itself up to date again OTA for future upgrades.

Any help will be much appreciated.

My direct contact with Humax themselves over this issue could not have been less helpful in resolving this.

Regards
    Peter Rushton

| Mon 19 Dec 2011 23:36:53 #190 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.