My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

redfeffer - 2 hours ago  » 
    If no other bright ideas spring to mind then it looks like I'll have to source a cable to connect to the PC. Is there a definitive article that tells me what to do by any chance?

I think Barry is suggesting reloading the software; see http://www.tynecomp.co.uk/flash9200.html

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 23:15:53 #261 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

redfeffer - 14 hours ago  » 
    If no other bright ideas spring to mind then it looks like I'll have to source a cable to connect to the PC. Is there a definitive article that tells me what to do by any chance?

Is the unit still within warranty? if so give Humax Support a call, otherwise let us know if you source cables.

| Tue 10 Jan 2012 11:25:48 #262 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

gordonC

Thanks for comment Martin
    Have numerous times reset to default but problem still persists.I can get remote working for a time sometimes 1hour,but if I then go into standby it locks again and I have to switch off for another hour or two and repaeat the reset.Are any other 9200T affected.
    Any help very welcome.

| Tue 10 Jan 2012 17:42:35 #263 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

gordonC - 42 minutes ago  » 
    I can get remote working for a time sometimes 1hour,but if I then go into standby it locks again and I have to switch off for another hour or two and repaeat the reset.Are any other 9200T affected.

I am not aware of similar reports. You might try opening the box (with the power off) and disconnecting the hard drive. If the box then behaves properly (as a set top box) the problem is with the hard drive; if it still gives problems then it could be a hardware problem with the power supply or the mother board or an unusual software problem.

| Tue 10 Jan 2012 18:30:02 #264 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

gordonC

Thanks Martin for advice.Will open the box and see if hard drive is at fault.I am well out of warranty so nothing to lose.Using buttons on front of box I can use it as a set top box when the remote is inoperable.I may consider a HD PVR as alast resort.Any reccomendations?

Thanks again

| Wed 11 Jan 2012 10:43:18 #265 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

gordonC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks Martin for advice.Will open the box and see if hard drive is at fault.I am well out of warranty so nothing to lose.Using buttons on front of box I can use it as a set top box when the remote is inoperable.I may consider a HD PVR as alast resort.Any reccomendations?
    Thanks again

If the buttons on the front of the 9200 operate ok then the problem is more likely to be the remote control. Have you done the obvious, check the batteries?

| Wed 11 Jan 2012 11:53:44 #266 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

LloydM

I have the same problem with my 9150T - the unit freezes and I cannot use any of the buttons on the unit or on the remote. The only solution is to turn everything off, restart and it is OK for a short while only. I have read through this thread from the start and tried the following:
    Restore to default settings. No change.
    Automatic update - No new software found.
    Manual update - No new software found.
    Left it on standby overnight - No change.

I don't have the cable for PC update so I'm not sure where to go from here. How do I find out if my software is the latest version?

| Thu 12 Jan 2012 9:42:51 #267 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Software version can be checked via: Menu, System, Status.

If the unit locks up to quickly for you to check, try removing the aerial.

| Thu 12 Jan 2012 10:11:36 #268 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

LloydM

Thank you for your quick response. I have version HPTTF 1.00.18. Is this the latest version?

| Thu 12 Jan 2012 11:10:00 #269 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Afraid not - 1.00.26 is the latest.

OTA repeated from 10am Tues 17 Jan

| Thu 12 Jan 2012 11:15:37 #270 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.