My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

redfeffer

My 9300t was working yesterday and briefly today, but it is now completely frozen in standby mode, so I can't even access menus to verify what update I'm on or whetehr auto updates enabled. I've tried powering down and removing the aerial too, nut no luck....Any ideas?

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 0:11:55 #251 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

peanuts - 2 hours ago  » 
    Just returned from my weekend away and sadly the box has not updated automatically overnight! Is the next step to try and update it while the OTA is broadcasting on Monday evening? Excuse my ignorance but is this done by running the Software Automatic Update?

These are the Humax instructions:

1) Select BBC 1
    2) Press MENU
    3) Select Installation and press OK
    4) Enter your password (default is 0000)
    5) Select software update and press OK
    6) Select manual update and press OK
    7) Select search and press OK
    The searching will begin and you will receive a message confirming the new software version. Select Yes to confirm and press OK. The box will restart and the software will install (do not switch the box off)

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 0:35:52 #252 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

redfeffer - 8 hours ago  » 
    My 9300t was working yesterday and briefly today, but it is now completely frozen in standby mode, so I can't even access menus to verify what update I'm on or whetehr auto updates enabled. I've tried powering down and removing the aerial too, nut no luck....Any ideas?

Welcome to our Forum

Try powering it up without the aerial connected again that should give you access to the menu.

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 8:43:24 #253 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

redfeffer

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately removing the aerial and powering up didn't make a difference. However, much pressing of the menu button on the control panel at power up has now changed the problem. It's now frozen displaying PVR-9300T

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 10:15:54 #254 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

peanuts

Thans for that Martin. Will give it a go when I get home from work this eve,

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 10:47:05 #255 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

redfeffer - 32 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately removing the aerial and powering up didn't make a difference. However, much pressing of the menu button on the control panel at power up has now changed the problem. It's now frozen displaying PVR-9300T

There is one last thing you can try, and that is power on using the switch on the rear of the unit whilst pressing the standby button on the front - this used to work for certain lock outs on the 9200, not sure if it will help.

Do you have the necessary cables to upload software via PC?

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 10:50:50 #256 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

gordonC

Hi,I too have problem with remote not working.Have tried all suggestions made so far and can get it working if console switahed off for about 1 hour by switch on rear panel.It stops working again after a few minutes or longer if using PVR.
    PVR 9200T Rev1.0,Software version PGXTF 1.00.23,Loader a 4.09,
    System ID 3020.0000,Update 20 May 2010
    I think this is the lates update so any suggesdtions very welcome

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 12:16:54 #257 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

gordonC - 18 minutes ago  » 
    System ID 3020.0000,Update 20 May 2010
    I think this is the lates update so any suggesdtions very welcome

Yes it is the latest update. The usual fix for this problem on a 9200 is a reset to default settings; have you tried that?

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 12:36:55 #258 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

redfeffer

Thanks for the suggestion....I've tried powering on my 9300t whilst holding down the standby button and briefly get to see the 'application loader' shown on the screen, followed by a blank screen and a blank display on the 9300t unit.
    If I don't hold down the standby switch, I get the brief app loader screen, following by blank screen and the unit's display shows a permanent 9300t.....

If no other bright ideas spring to mind then it looks like I'll have to source a cable to connect to the PC. Is there a definitive article that tells me what to do by any chance?

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 20:39:08 #259 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

peanuts

Update completed manually this evening! Thanks again for your help

| Mon 9 Jan 2012 20:39:17 #260 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.