My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Hi katef - Can you post the details of software version, loader, and system ID as found via menu, system, status.

Edit much later: more repeats of the OTA have been scheduled for next week see:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php

| Fri 20 Jan 2012 10:52:33 #291 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

katef

thanks for OTA information, in the diary for next tuesday.

software version HPTTF 1.00.14
    loader version a4.37
    system id 3024.0000

It may also be that when I've thought I've left the unit in standby, it's actually been in frozen mode, would this stop the automatic update happening?

Really appreciate your support Barry

| Fri 20 Jan 2012 17:48:01 #292 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Almost certain if frozen it will not update katef.

Try updating during the day manually if you can, see this link for instructions:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/support/OAD_SoftwareUpdate_9300T_9150T.asp

| Fri 20 Jan 2012 18:33:44 #293 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

arkspur

Glad I have found this forum/thread, and now know what I need to do to fix my 9300T that froze up just before Christmas, although it looks like I will have to wait until next weekend for the update to be broadcast again.

The shame is that I found the forum while looking for a solution to a problem that has developed on the Humax TDR FOX T2 that I forked out for over Christmas because I thought the old box had died!

| Sat 21 Jan 2012 15:14:20 #294 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterjshort

Hi guys, I am new to this forum but have been having the same problem as has been described by a number of you.
    Having tried to update my firmware using OTA transmissions for a while, I have now purchased a serial cable (RS-232C) which is the correct null modem version I believe.

When I run the installer I get an error code ‘E-UT’. I googled this and found that instead of the expected system ID of 3023.0000, mine is 7070.696e.

Can you advise what I should try next pleaes?

Other information which might be useful:

Model PVR-9300T
    Hardware version REV 1.0
    Software version UPTTF 1.00.15
    Loader version a 4.35
    System ID 7070.696e
    Update date Dec 18 2008

| Sat 21 Jan 2012 23:22:19 #295 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

You are correct in the assumption that the system id is corrupt, although the error normally is reported as E-OS or E-Id

I can supply the small file you need to correct this. I can send to the email address you registered with, or you can PM me an alternative if you prefer.

| Sat 21 Jan 2012 23:32:27 #296 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

redfeffer

Hi there, I'm still having issues with my 9300t that just sits in a frozen state showing PVR-9300t on the display and nothing on the screen after the app loader screen briefly shows......
    I've tried to upload the hdf file via RS232 cable and it just doesn't seem to be able to establish a link to the serial port on the back of the PVR. I've verified the cable as best I can using the upload software (and connected the paperclip at the pvr end of the cable) and the software reports the cable looks OK.

Has anyone else come across these types of issue - there appears to be an issue somewhere at or after the serial connector on the rear of the machine.

Thanks

| Mon 23 Jan 2012 22:36:54 #297 |
  8. Biggles

Biggles

special member

You can easily check the cable with a multimeter on a low ohms or continuity range by checking the continuity from one end to the other. At a push you could do the same check with a torch bulb, a couple of bits of wire and a battery. The only connections required from one end of the cable to the other are:

Pin 5 to pin 5.
    Pin 2 to pin 3.
    Pin 3 to pin 2.

The pin numbers should be moulded into the plastic of the sockets alongside each of the 9 individual sockets holes. You may need a magnifying glass, I do.

| Mon 23 Jan 2012 23:13:58 #298 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

redfeffer - 1 hour ago  » 
    I've tried to upload the hdf file via RS232 cable and it just doesn't seem to be able to establish a link to the serial port on the back of the PVR. I've verified the cable as best I can using the upload software (and connected the paperclip at the pvr end of the cable) and the software reports the cable looks OK.

I assume you are using Flash9200. The cable test will check the continuity of the cable and the functionality of the adapter. The usual problem when the cable test passes but communication cannot be established is that the cable is of wrong the type and does not have the required crossover from pin 2 at one end to pin 3 at the other end (and vice versa for pin 3 to pin 2). Where did you obtain the cable? Do you have a manufacturer part number or description that we can check?

| Tue 24 Jan 2012 0:31:57 #299 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

redfeffer

I think it may well be a cable problem. If I buy a new one off Amazon/ebay Will any cable do so long as it's labelled 'RS232'. Alternativley which USB to 9pin works well on Win7 64bit

thanks

| Fri 27 Jan 2012 18:20:17 #300 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.