My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

satty

Barry - 1 minute ago  » 
    It will not install if the default time is still set to 4am, it won't search until early hours friday morning.
    You can of course manually update at 4pm.

so if i run a manual update at say 4pm this will automatically pick up any update,but will i have to go through every channel,can i not just run the automatic update at 4pm

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:06:30 #41 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

satty - 1 minute ago  » 

Barry - 1 minute ago  » 
    It will not install if the default time is still set to 4am, it won't search until early hours friday morning.
    You can of course manually update at 4pm.

so if i run a manual update at say 4pm this will automatically pick up any update,but will i have to go through every channel,can i not just run the automatic update at 4pm

See page 2 of this thread post #12 where I posted a link to a pdf you can download that explains the update procedures. it might become clearer then, if not then ask away.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:08:19 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Matt - 6 minutes ago  » 
    software version is 1.00.06
    I have already tried the Auto update and Manual update this evening. It doesn't find the new update.

What is the System ID reported by Menu>System>Status?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:08:30 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Matt

Barry - 1 minute ago  » 

Matt - 3 minutes ago  » 
    software version is 1.00.06
    I have already tried the Auto update and Manual update this evening. It doesn't find the new update.

Matt
    Software version 1.00.26 for the 9300 is definitely on air, well from my transmitter it is anyway as I updated using this route earlier after tests.
    Do you get any error code displayed on the front display?

No error messages.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:08:32 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

marct

I have exactly the same problem, all buttons freeze except for BBC red button ???

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:14:37 #45 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Mat the reason I asked about error messages is they can give a clue, but if you can also answer the sys id question it might be a pointer (sometimes a wrong sys id won't result in an error)

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:20:59 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lt Gruber

Hi folks, seems like a right old tangle. Poor Barry has his work cut out for him tonight. I'm an idiot with these things, so can someone pretend I'm stupid and tell me if I've got this right...

Ok, I have a 9300t, I've switched off the box (usually have it on 24/7 leaving it on ITV3 at nights). I gather that this software update is running now...should I have switched off the box at 10am today and left it off or does it run as some kind of loop?

Do I have to have it hooked up to my internet to get this software update?

When should I turn it back on? Am I right in saying that once back on I have to do an automatic update? Before finding this forum I set it back to the default setting.
    This information may well be in the pdf file earlier in the thread but I can't get it to open. After a lot of problems last year the box has been working an absolute dream but you'll have to understand I have zero patience for technology and am seriously thinking about taking it into a field and shooting it...happy days...remember I'm an idiot!

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:23:30 #47 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Lt Gruber

I am trying to keep up, but it is hard work

The unit will normally search for an update at 4am as long as it is in standby.

You can change the time it searches, or carry out a manual update.

Try this now if you do not have latest version, and the box is not locked of course, if it is, power cycle, and when you get a picture press menu staight away.

Menu
    Installation (default password is 0000 - four zeros)
    Software update
    Automatic update

Unit should then search for and find software version 1.00.26, press OK to update.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:29:18 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

planetvanda

Hello. New to your forum. My pvr 9300T is completely frozen.Cannot make it do anything neither by using the remote control nor contyrol buttons on pvr itself. LCD is showing BBC1 & the time. Have tried switching it off & on several times but it remains frozen. Any ideas as to what I can try next ? Thanks

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:30:47 #49 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Bear with me guys, I will try and respond individually, but finding it hard to keep up.

marct - Welcome to the Forum Which unit do you have?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:33:27 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.