My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Matt

Barry - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Mat the reason I asked about error messages is they can give a clue, but if you can also answer the sys id question it might be a pointer (sometimes a wrong sys id won't result in an error)

Sorry. The sys ID is 1036.7dbd

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:34:22 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lt Gruber

Hi Barry
    thanks for the quick response... followed the instruction and it has come up as "Error" "E-HW" and is stuck there. Have tried twice but no further forward I'm afraid.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:37:27 #52 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

stoobie

Hi

My sister and our parents both live in Abergele, North Wales and both have 9150's. Both hit the problem you have been talking about today. My 9200T is fine, but I am on Anglesey. As far as I can make out over the phone their machines freeze up within seconds of being powered up, so they can't even get as far as the Installation menu to try looking for a software update. Neither can they do anything else, like checking how old their software is. Any ideas?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:39:46 #53 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Lt Gruber - 28 seconds ago  » 
    Hi Barry
    thanks for the quick response... followed the instruction and it has come up as "Error" "E-HW" and is stuck there. Have tried twice but no further forward I'm afraid.

OK

You need to carry out a default reset...and then try the update again.

Installation menu again option 4 this time Default Setting.....you will loose recording schedule and any user settings you may have tweaked, but that is the least of your worries.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:39:53 #54 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Matt - 8 minutes ago  » 

Mat the reason I asked about error messages is they can give a clue, but if you can also answer the sys id question it might be a pointer (sometimes a wrong sys id won't result in an error)

That is your problem Matt, sys id is wrong.

Do you have the facilities to upload via PC, if not I'm afraid a call to Humax Support is your only answer.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:45:03 #55 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lt Gruber

Barry - 6 minutes ago  » 

Lt Gruber - 28 seconds ago  » 
    Hi Barry

OK
    You need to carry out a default reset...and then try the update again.
    Installation menu again option 4 this time Default Setting.....you will loose recording schedule and any user settings you may have tweaked, but that is the least of your worries.

Barry...you're going to hit me...followed the instruction and still getting the same error message. On the brightside I now have channel 5 +1...if I could just get to it in time

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:48:37 #56 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Matt

Barry - 2 minutes ago  » 

Matt - 8 minutes ago  » 

That is your problem Matt, sys id is wrong.
    Do you have the facilities to upload via PC, if not I'm afraid a call to Humax Support is your only answer.

I do have a PC that can be linked up to it. Do I need a specific cable? I presume that I can update via PC?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:49:02 #57 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

planetvanda - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Hello. New to your forum. My pvr 9300T is completely frozen.Cannot make it do anything neither by using the remote control nor contyrol buttons on pvr itself. LCD is showing BBC1 & the time. Have tried switching it off & on several times but it remains frozen. Any ideas as to what I can try next ? Thanks

Welcome to the Forum

Sorry you have had to wait a little while for a response.

Power cycle your unit, and once you have a picture, press menu immediately.

Then try and update the software to latest version

Menu
    Installation (default password is 0000 - four zeros)
    Software update
    Automatic update

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:49:22 #58 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulie

Mine went down today too. I have the PVR-9300T... exactly the same as people are describing.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:49:23 #59 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

paulie - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Mine went down today too. I have the PVR-9300T... exactly the same as people are describing.

Welcome to the Forum

Try updating as per the post before yours.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:52:13 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.