My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Remote control has stopped working - unit failing to respond.

(371 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gnor20

Barry - thanks for all the advice you have listed here, i shall attempt the update on my PVR 9150t after 10am tomorrow. Think you have saved me a few quid as the wife was dragging me off to buy a HD new one tomorrow - she will be gutted!

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:53:02 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

planetvanda

Hello Barry. You are working very hard! I'm afraid pressing menu yields zero result. What next ?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:53:26 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

planetvanda

Hello again. At the risk of sounding a total numpty - just wanted to clarify that when you say "power cycle" I am assuming you mean switching off & on again ?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:57:12 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

srussell83

Hi

I hope you can help me, my Humax PVR-9150T remote control stopped working today, also the manual buttons on the box only work for aboout a minute until it freezes and i can use and stuck on one channel and my recordings are not recording, all day ive been switching the box on and off just so i can try and change channel within the minute it gives me to do so, i have been trying to understand all the previous messages on here but i really dont have a clue....... please can you help me understand what is happening and how to fix this problem please...... i am so pleased i found this forum as i have been shearching the web since 7pm for an answer and tried calling the help line today and was in a queue of 30!!! please please help me thanks sarah

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:57:27 #64 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Matt

You need a serial cable (null modem type with pins 2/3 swapped over), and you PC will either need a seral port or you have to use a usb to serial adaptor.

If you do not have any of this the best bet would be Humax Support for a swap out.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:58:43 #65 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

In an effort to give Barry a rest and allow him to grab a cuppa maybe some of you could look at this Humax page which is the same as Barry's pdf on page 2 of this thread.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/support/OAD_SoftwareUpdate_9300T_9150T.asp

You will only be able to download the software when it is being transmitted for your model, see the link at the top and bottom of the Humax page (and also in this thread) for the download schedule.

PS the Manual Update will be quicker but is otherwise the same as Automatic Update.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 22:59:00 #66 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

planetvanda - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Hello Barry. You are working very hard! I'm afraid pressing menu yields zero result. What next ?

Pressing menu should display a list of items, are you saying you get nothing at all after pressing menu?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:00:20 #67 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

planetvanda - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Hello again. At the risk of sounding a total numpty - just wanted to clarify that when you say "power cycle" I am assuming you mean switching off & on again ?

Use the switch on the rear of the unit to switch off then on again.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:01:20 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

blackpudding

wheatey - 10 hours ago  » 
    My remote has suddenly stopped working. If I turn the box off and on again the remote works for a couple of minutes and then dies again. Help!!!

Thank goodness for this forum. I have had the same trouble all day with my 9300, remote works for a few minutes and then everything stopped responding including the manual buttons. I eventually found this forum with the advice to download the latest software and hey-presto everything is fine now. The trick is to power off completely, switch back on and immediately go to the menu, before the remote gives up, and select the software update.

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:07:47 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

srussell83

blackpudding - 1 minute ago  » 

wheatey - 10 hours ago  » 
    My remote has suddenly stopped working. If I turn the box off and on again the remote works for a couple of minutes and then dies again. Help!!!

Thank goodness for this forum. I have had the same trouble all day with my 9300, remote works for a few minutes and then everything stopped responding including the manual buttons. I eventually found this forum with the advice to download the latest software and hey-presto everything is fine now. The trick is to power off completely, switch back on and immediately go to the menu, before the remote gives up, and select the software update.

my remote is completely not working, only the buttons on the box are but for only about a minute until it freezes and can not enter in the password as there are no numbers...... what do i do for the password?

| Wed 14 Dec 2011 23:10:37 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.