My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Roll-forward On Demand EPG?

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sorbiegunnerou

JamesB - 19 minutes ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 4 minutes ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Just substitute Freesat into that entire description and there is no difference. They've been bigging themselves up about their "Editorial Vision" in improving Showcase. Meanwhile the users complain that Showcase and OD have stopped working.

All this excitement generated by my comment, which I confess was not well articulated. Let me rephrase...
    They've been bigging themselves up about their "Editorial Vision" in improving Showcase. Meanwhile, at the same time, the users had been complaining that Showcase and OD had stopped working.
    No denying that.

The really interesting question (in my opinion, that is) is why did Emma Scott resign?

“It has been very fashionable to think about PC-based recommendations, but why veer from a world in which humans create channels and lovingly craft schedules? Why hand that over to a computer?” she asked.
    Scott added: “We work in a world of entertainment – it’s quite different from something like online shopping. I’m certain the world of algorithmic recommendations will start to gravitate back into the human world.”

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/people/emma-scott-tv-needs-to-keep-its-heart/5078158.article

Thanks for the link but I think I'll abstain from signing up to paying £20.60/month to see if it's interesting/relevent/worth reading.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 13:02:29 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Sorry if the link doesn't work. If you try Googling news for "Emma Scott" you may get it. That's how I came across it.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 13:06:54 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.