My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Roll-forward On Demand EPG?

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

JamesB - 39 minutes ago  » 
    That's rather exaggerated, isn't it?...

Not at all, 11990 views, 607 posts, 55 posters says it's not...
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/help-unable-to-use-ondemand-or-showcase
    ...and that does not include the other threads on the same subject.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 11:10:45 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Even if all 55 posters had been affected by the problem (a number of us were not), it would be a very small minority of users. And the problem seems to have been resolved for at least some of those affected.

So the 55 can be divided into:

- those still suffering
    - those no longer suffering
    - those of us who never suffered

A very small minority of users still suffering, whatever the actual numbers in the three categories.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 11:30:25 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not had any hiccups at all since last Sunday.

Before that I had identical issues as JamesB, so his and mine boxes have been consistent at least.

After it was fixed late Sunday everything has worked as it should.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 11:50:26 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 24 seconds ago  » 
    Before that I had identical issues as JamesB, so his and mine boxes have been consistent at least.

I didn't have any trouble from the original "No S/C, no O/D" issue. Only from Freesat's tweaking, as they tried to fix the problem. Went away when they stopped.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 11:54:41 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

As one of the 55 posters that did have problems with SC & OD I'd like to point out that I wasn't ever suffering.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 12:06:44 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

JamesB - 7 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 24 seconds ago  » 

I didn't have any trouble from the original "No S/C, no O/D" issue. Only from Freesat's tweaking, as they tried to fix the problem. Went away when they stopped.

Ditto - our two boxes seem to have behaved identically. Must have something in common.

Mine

Router - Virgin Media Superhub1 - 50Mbps download (averages about 40Mbps).
    Connection Cat5 via Network Switch with inputs for AV Reciever, Foxsat-HDR, HDR1000S, Two HDR FOX T2's and BD Player.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 12:06:59 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Possibly our boxes are the same as the great majority, and what you and I have in common is the fact that we were both checking to see what was happening?

My ISP is Plusnet, router is Plusnet's branded Technicolor Tg582n, ADSL2+
    Connection with homeplugs, no switch, all other smart stuff is wifi.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 12:15:15 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Just substitute Freesat into that entire description and there is no difference. They've been bigging themselves up about their "Editorial Vision" in improving Showcase. Meanwhile the users complain that Showcase and OD have stopped working.

All this excitement generated by my comment, which I confess was not well articulated. Let me rephrase...
    They've been bigging themselves up about their "Editorial Vision" in improving Showcase. Meanwhile, at the same time, the users had been complaining that Showcase and OD had stopped working.
    No denying that.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 12:32:01 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Reffub - 27 minutes ago  » 
    As one of the 55 posters that did have problems with SC & OD I'd like to point out that I wasn't ever suffering.

No gain without the pain.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 12:35:27 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Pollensa1946 - 4 minutes ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Just substitute Freesat into that entire description and there is no difference. They've been bigging themselves up about their "Editorial Vision" in improving Showcase. Meanwhile the users complain that Showcase and OD have stopped working.

All this excitement generated by my comment, which I confess was not well articulated. Let me rephrase...
    They've been bigging themselves up about their "Editorial Vision" in improving Showcase. Meanwhile, at the same time, the users had been complaining that Showcase and OD had stopped working.
    No denying that.

The really interesting question (in my opinion, that is) is why did Emma Scott resign?

“It has been very fashionable to think about PC-based recommendations, but why veer from a world in which humans create channels and lovingly craft schedules? Why hand that over to a computer?” she asked.

Scott added: “We work in a world of entertainment – it’s quite different from something like online shopping. I’m certain the world of algorithmic recommendations will start to gravitate back into the human world.”

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/people/emma-scott-tv-needs-to-keep-its-heart/5078158.article

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 12:40:44 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.