My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Saved programs not showing

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

adman

Hi,

I've had some odd things happening with my 9200T recently which go roughly as follows:
    1 - multiple listing of the same program
    2 - recording continuing beyond the program (recording 1:54 for a 1hr program etc)
    3 - the machine still thinking it's recording when it's not

while the above was happening it then froze completely so i turned it off at the back. When i turned it back on it shows no programs in the saved programs list.

I did a Factory Default reset and it still lists nothing. in the HDD controls it's showing the disk as 88% full but still lists nothing. I've recorded a couple of new programs since then (which over recorded time wise) and it lists those programs but none of the previous.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can access the previously recorded programs? And whether any of the above symptoms are recognised? Or is it done for...?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
    Adam.

| Tue 30 Dec 2014 11:42:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Yours is an infrequent issue that can occur and you are not alone.

Martin Liddle - 5 months ago  » 
    The file system has become corrupt. The easiest fix is to format the hard drive from the HDD Control menu item in the Record menu. That should restore functionality; if the problem returns relatively quickly then the hard drive is probably approaching the end of its life.

| Tue 30 Dec 2014 11:52:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

adman - 25 minutes ago  » 
    Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can access the previously recorded programs? And whether any of the above symptoms are recognised?

As Luke has already said you have reported all the symptoms of a corrupted file system. If you are desperate to get the missing programs back, then opening the Humax and attaching the hard drive to a PC and using humaxrw in recovery mode (-r command line option) should allow you to download them to a PC and subsequently put them back on the hard drive after formatting.

| Tue 30 Dec 2014 12:12:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

adman

Thanks both. May have to go with the opening up and trying to download off the HDD as have quite a lot on there that i don't really want to lose. Will then re-format and see how I go.

Also have a lot of problems with the remote issue. I don't suppose re-formatting/replacing the HDD will help with that at all will it?

Thanks again,
    Adam.

| Tue 30 Dec 2014 19:03:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

adman - 1 hour ago  » 
    Also have a lot of problems with the remote issue. I don't suppose re-formatting/replacing the HDD will help with that at all will it?

If you mean you have slow response to the remote then the consensus view seems to be that the only really effective solution is to manually tune and miss out one of the multiplexes. I wouldn't expect changing hard drive to have any effect.

| Tue 30 Dec 2014 20:51:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Speedy58

adman- just curious,how do you recognise a multiplex from the Humax menu and how do you know which channels to delete?
    I'm having similar issues, time lagging from remote to pvr, multiple same entries, recent recordings on top of previous recordings, only partial recordings (38% memory free) etc.

With over 400 programs onboard I'm going to need another 1TB drive to do any copying over before contemplating a hdd format.

| Wed 7 Jan 2015 15:35:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Speedy58 - 1 hour ago  » 
    adman- just curious,how do you recognise a multiplex from the Humax menu and how do you know which channels to delete?

You don't delete channels. Best way is to do a manual tune using Link to Biggles manual tuning FAQ but omit one multiplex.

I'm having similar issues, time lagging from remote to pvr, multiple same entries, recent recordings on top of previous recordings, only partial recordings (38% memory free) etc.

I would suggest doing something as soon as possible as soon the recording list will be blank.

| Wed 7 Jan 2015 17:19:00 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.